Skip to main content

A Shared Moment.

"Let's have a staring contest." He pipes up, glancing toward me. I raise an eyebrow, wondering what this means.

"Okay." I say, hesitantly. I look around at the few others gathered around us. My eyes rest on him. Then her. Then on the our siblings nearby. They are engaged in their own conversation. It is just us three. I steal another glance at him, noticing his eyes are still on me. What is he thinking?

"Hey, have you ever heard about the time I--" She starts, but her voice is cut off.

"Well?"

I blink. It is so unlike him to ignore her. I nod silently, signaling I'm ready and trying not to show my surprise.

I think she huffs, but the only thing I can focus on are his deep brown eyes that grow wide as they stare back at me. My heart beats fast. Faster than it should. We stare, unblinking, at each other. I feel as if I've entered my own world. I open my mouth to say something, when our eye contact is broken. By a pillow. I put my hand over my mouth to stifle a giggle, almost laughing when his face comes back into view, a shade or two pinker than it should be. He glares at his younger brother, but a small smile twitches at his lips as he glances toward me. I laugh, a little too loudly, and perhaps too hard. But no one cares. Because we're all laughing. And smiling, at one another.

And I love the fact that he is smiling at me.

***

That was probably one of the best moments I've ever shared with someone. Or at least, with him. I cherish the time we had together, though it was mostly spent glancing at each other from across the room, wondering if we should speak or ignore. I wish I would have had the courage to talk to him, during those long, hard months. I don't know what I was afraid of. He would never brush me off. He's too sweet to do that. And I had talked to him before. But of course, I was afraid of the fact that I'd say something stupid or that I'd slip up. Why? There are many reasons. But I none of which I can share.

not again. || those eyes get me every time.

thanks for reading. <3
xoxo,
Rose

Comments

  1. Aww Rose... this is so sweet. I love this. <3

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. <3 I know what you mean, I'm afraid I'll slip up or say something stupid, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniffs around* I smell something... *sniffs* Yep, I knew it was here!
    Love. Love is in the air.

    I'll be here when you're ready to talk.

    *walks away humming a happy tune* Love love love... oh sweet love.

    ^ ignore my weirdness.

    xoxo
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snorts and shake head* I think that's the smell of day old blog design. •-•

      Okay...

      *rolls eyes* You always know how to make my day, you know that?

      Never. I will NEVER ignore you... <3

      Thanks for the comment girly.

      xoxo,
      Rosie

      Delete
  4. Nah uh!!!! •-•

    Yup. I'll be here... waiting... Don't be scared now, yah hear?

    hehe, oh well... I try my best. And only the best for the best. :)

    THAT, just made MY day.... Oh girly, I don't know why but that made me so very happy. Oh so happy.

    Anytime meh dear... even though it was weird. •-•

    xoxo
    Kenz <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah huh! \(•-•)/

      S-scared? Me? Psh, I-I'm fearless... •-•

      But I'm not the best... •-•

      Aww, I'm so glad. (•-•)-<3

      I didn't think it was. •-•

      xoxo
      Rosie <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose