Skip to main content

Click. Clack. Ding.


Click, clack, click.
My fingers fly.
My mind races.
Words play back as images.

Click, clack, ding.
More words added.
More images formed.
Small smiles become visible.

Click, clack, click.
"He said this..."
"She did that..."
Drama enters the story.

Click, clack, ding.
The climax has risen.
The ending has been decided.
I wonder what they will think.

Print, seal, tape.
My fingers are crossed.
The deed has been done.
My fate as an author rests in their hands.

~ ~ ~

So recently, I've been typing up a storm on my little laptop. Now that school and dance are over, I finally have time to sit down, relax, and write--reading squeezes in there too. I have been working this story I hope to get published for six months. The "anniversary" is today. :)

I am so happy--and proud--to be able to say I have over 80,000 words typed out for this book. I am so excited to have my first draft almost done, but I can't believe I've only been working on this for six months. Six months. Where has all the time gone?

Though I am not a published author--yet--I do have an amazing editor { and bestest friend }. I just want to take the time to say thank you to her. She has helped me through so much over the last three months. When I introduced her to the rough first chapter she gave me the sweetest reply ever and it encouraged me to take my writing even farther { not only for her, but for me too }. So, with all that said, thank you Kenz. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and helpful tips. You've really helped me get through the harsh times--whether it was just writer's block or real life problems.

Thank you.
&
I love you.

"How long will you love me?"

"Forever. And if that ends I'll love you even after forever."


thanks for reading. <3
xoxo,
Rose

Comments

  1. So sweet. :) I love writing, but my stories turn out terrible. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I do too. <3 And I know what you mean. I feel like it's always a it or miss with my stories. If I ever complete them. Which is a rare feat...

      Delete
  2. *sniffles* O-oh Rosie... *sniffles* hold on, I need a moment. *turns around and blows nose loudly* That just made my day, what you said up there. ^ I-I honestly didn't know I did that much for you... I'm so glad... Thank you for giving me the pleasure to being your editor. I have had so much fun. I honestly love anything to do with writing so when you asked me, I was thrilled. Like jump up and down thrilled. •-• I think I actually did jump up and down...
    Anyways, I am honored to be your editor and couldn't be more proud of you right now. :) You didn't give up, which is something I would ( and have ) done.

    YOU GO GIRLY!!! XD

    80,000 words... whoa bro. •-• YOU ROCK.

    with love,
    your editor,Kenz

    ps: I died when I saw you quoted me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, sweetie...d-don't cry. I'm so glad this made your day. Mission accomplished. ;) I'm glad too... Thank YOU for all the wonderful advice. I've had fun too. And I know we'll have more fun in the future. :) You were that thrilled, huh? ;) That makes me really happy. <3
      H-honored? And p-proud? Nah way...

      Haha, you got it, Kenz. •-•

      Ehh... I wouldn't say that. •-•

      with glitter sprinkled on top,
      your author to be, Rosie

      p.s. Aww... You know, I only quote the best. ;) <3

      Delete
  3. OK, firstly that picture... secondly those words... *happy sigh* This is so sweet. <3

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessie. Your comment brought a smile to my lips. :)

      Delete
  4. That is lovely.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THAT IS SO SERIOUSLY AWESOME. I hope you'll tell us 'bout your story! Man, it's so hard to finish stories- good job persevering!!

    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :D I can't wait to tell you guys about it. And agreed, it is pretty hard...half the time I force myself to sit down and just write. :P

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose