Skip to main content

"No. Stop. Listen."


{ photo via pinterest }
"What is it?" She whispers into the moonlit darkness. She holds the tiny flower in her hand, studying its petals.

"It's the key."

"The key?"

He nods, his mysterious, dark brown eyes searching the girl. He studies her, listening to their breaths bounce off the close brick wall beside them. She looks up at him, and in the moonlight, her eyes glow. A bright lantern in the dark. "To what?"

"To us." His fingers drift through her hair, the same color as the moon above them. "And how this will all work out."

"...you're leaving me. Aren't you?"

"For now." He whispers. "Because they're coming."

Her eyes squeeze shut. "Don't leave me. Please, please, please don't leave me."

"I'm sorry...hey, open your eyes."

Her eyelids shoot open and she grabs his arm. "You can't do this. We'll talk to them. We'll tell them you aren't who they think you are."

"It won't work like that. They won't listen." He eases her hand off his arm, taking it in his own. "So you have to listen to me."

"You're leaving me, just like everyone else!"

"No. Stop. Listen. I'm not going to leave you forever."

"Yes you are--"

"I'll come back. I'll come back to you and we'll live together until eternity decides to end."

"But--" Noise come from down the alleyway. They've been spotted.

"I have to go." He looks down at the tiny flower held between her fingers. "Hold onto that. Never let it go."

And with that, he's gone.


they'll be together soon || why do they leave?

thanks for reading. <3
xoxo,
Rose

Comments

  1. Whoever these people are, whoever they are running from, they have a story that you should write, Rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Storyteller. :) I don't know if I'll continue this, but that's definitely a possibility.

      xoxo
      Rose

      Delete
  2. 'No. Stop. Listen.' <3
    you're awesome. the words you write are magic.
    love you
    sw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. <3
      I'm so glad someone thinks that of my writing...
      love you too. :)
      -Rose

      Delete
  3. Silent Reader18.6.13

    Rosie, this is pure beauty. The words flow so smoothly and paint such a vivid picture. <3 It was a pleasure to read.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    love,
    Silent Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. :)
      You're too sweet. <3

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete
  4. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!!?!?! I now know who your best friend is. *cough* cliff- *couch* hanger.

    You...*sniffles* you are a marvelous, talented writer that is wayyy too good for me. Why?! WHY?!

    I just love this-- and you, I just love you. <3

    your rather pathetic writer,
    kenz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D-do what? Hey, I'll admit, cliffhanger and I are very close. But it will never be as special and close to my heart as YOU are my dear. :}

      No I'm not...

      Aww...thank you. I love you too. <3

      your *amateur* writer,
      Rosie

      p.s. this comment earned you a couple more points. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose