Skip to main content

new beginnings, old friends [part 3]


Our eyes lock again, and my heart flutters rapidly in my chest. I feel like we're reading each other, like we're both searching. I think I've found what I was looking for.

I look down at my notebook, quickly flipping it open and scribbling down some words. Some words for him. I feel the heat of his gaze but I keep writing, glancing up to look at the clock. I have to go in a few minutes.

When I look up he's still there, wearily staring at me. I smile, ripping the page out of my notebook and holding it our for him. "That's my new address, with my number on it." I stand up when he takes the paper, picking up my things while I talk. "I hope you'll use it."

He studies the paper, a smiling breaking across his face. "I will."

"Good." I walk over to the nearby trash bin, dumping out my food then turning back toward him. But he's gone.

Gone.

But not forgotten.

Is that how he felt when I left?

I push through the double doors, making my way out of the cafeteria. I quickly walk down the hall, slipping past the school's trophy case then stopping in my tracks. I slowly backtrack until I'm in front of the large glass case. My eyes skim over the words, reading and rereading until tears come to my eyes.

Rest in peace.

I hit my fist against the glass as tears start to run down my cheeks. I scan the picture of the boy with the big brown eyes, and a crooked smile. I look down at the nameplate on the frame, then back to the three words that fill my eyes with more tears as I keep reading them over and over and over again.

So he really is gone, the boy I wrote many words for.

Gone.

But not forgotten.

Yet still gone.

***

And that concludes this short...story?
At least that's what I'd like to call it. :}

What do you think of the ending?
Was it confusing?
Should I change it?
Please tell me your thoughts. :)

thanks for reading this interesting post. <3
xoxo,
Rose

bloglovin

Edit: I have changed le ending. :}
A few of you thought it was confusing, and I totally agree...
Please enjoy! :P

Comments

  1. I adore this whole story series. <3
    Okay.. So the ending was a little confusing..
    I was wondering if the person who's name she had read was the boys that she had just talked to. And that he was dead, but had come back to her.. I could be totally wrong.. Could you explain? :)
    But other wise I love it! <3

    Xox. Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      Yeah... :P
      Yep, you got it right. I changed the end just a little bit, so hopefully that clears things up a bit. :}

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete
  2. Silent Reader5.7.13

    Beautiful, enchanting writing.
    Would you care to ... straighten out the ending? I didn't comprehend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I think I did...sorry about all the confusion. :-/

      Delete
    2. Silent Reader6.7.13

      il est parfait, dear. Parfait. :')

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing short story!! The ending is confusing, but just enough so that it leaves you thinking about what it really means. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I'm so glad, because that was my goal...sorta. ;)

      Delete
  4. ...*rocks back and forth in le corner while sobbing* why?! WHY?!?! w-why did you do this to me?! *sobs harder*

    *cough* sorry...

    THAT. WAS. SO. BEAUTIFUL. I was very shocked. very, very shocked. •-• how do you manage to do this to me every time you write!? okay honey, you are officially WAYYYYYYYYY too good for me. nuff said.
    But, um, I am curious on what your ending was like before... •-• I'm sure it was just as flawless as this one. <3
    *sniffles* ...is it sad that I feel emotionally attached to these characters? •-•

    again... asdfghjkl, why do you do this to me?!

    I LOVE YOU! <3

    your very jelly hg buddy,
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a brilliant short story. I didn't get to read the first ending, but this one was beautiful. It's one of those that make you think...which are always the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose