Skip to main content

Take Me Away || a short story

[photo via pinterest]


fancy dress + tree.
She quietly hums to herself, her fingers linked and resting as she stares at the cloudy sky through the cracks in the foliage above. A bird calls in the distance and she doesn't move or react. She lets her eyelids slide shut, waiting as patiently as her heart and body will allow.

The bird calls again, and this time, it is closer. She shifts in her spot on the low tree branch, anticipating, trying her best to keep herself relaxed. But her heart beats rapidly in her chest. How long has it been? How much longer shall I have to wait?

"Chirp, chirp." Says a voice beside her ear. As her heart jumps up to her throat, she turns her head and opens her eyes. His round orbs shimmer back, a welcoming sight in the growing darkness of the forest.

Swiftly, because she cannot wait any longer, her fingers find his hair and their lips meet after an eternity of chaotic wait. She finds herself shifting off her tree and into his arms, his feet moving to press her back into the scratchy bark. Her heart thumps even faster in her chest, as they break their kiss to breathe.

"I've come back for you." His gasping words drift into her ear.

"I know." Is her whispered reply.

"Will you allow me to take you away?" His tone chokes with emotion and a small smile moves her lips.

He's asked her this before, and she finds herself remembering the day that was so full of love and loss her closed eyes fill with the dreaded tears she's tried to keep hidden from the world--and him.

"Yes," she whispers, her own voice swelling with emotion.

He moves her away from the tree, setting her down on her feet. Though her eyes are still closed she can feel his warmth--his love and joy--radiating toward her in an ecstatic wave of bliss.

"Where to first?"

She opens her eyes, looking first at his parted lips that curl up into a smile, then to his glistening eyes that rock her world. "'To the place where the sun sets and the moon rises.'" She pauses, letting him finish her phrase.

"'And the ocean meets the land where the birds touch down.'"

She moves in to touch their lips again, wrapping her arms around his neck to keep him from leaving her again. So many times he's left, and every time he seems to return. But she doesn't like to take her chances.

"Are you sure?" He breathes against her mouth.

"I'm sure." She inhales before diving into another emotional tide of euphoric enchantment.

So this is what it's like to have someone take you away.


* * *



There's been so much pain, so much loss,
and we wonder how to mend ourselves.
Sometimes we can't heal alone;
we need another broken down soul
to complete and fill the parts of us
that we cannot reach.



* * *


     Whoa, drama! >.< Hehe, but I like it...
I loved writing this. I felt so mysterious; especially since it's written in a different point of view than usual. :}

What are your thoughts?


thanks for reading. <3
xoxo,

bloglovin

p.s. yeah, that quote up there?
...it's mine...

Comments

  1. That was... beautiful.
    Ohhhhh the understatement of the century, that was PERFECT, flawless, breathtaking. You are amazing, I can't find words to explain your perfection.

    Stay flawless,
    xoxo Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, so much. <3
      Your comment made my day. :)

      stay awesome
      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete
  2. Daw. :) This is so adorable—and, as you said, dramatic.
    I love how you put "chaotic wait" together. It just looks so pleasant and expresses the way they feel. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was beautiful, rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... you just need to like stop for a moment, okay? I'm trying to take in all this flawlessness and I'm about ready to burst into tears.

    The quote; ugh! How do you do it?!?!?!?!?!?!


    I love you. <3

    you very jelly not-so-flawless writer,
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry girly, but I don't think I can...nor do I want to. o.O Wait--if you're gonna cry, I'll stop.

      *blushes and ducks head* I-I don't know.

      I love you more. <3

      your smiling and extremely happy writer,
      Rosie

      Delete
  5. THIS IS FLAWLESS. LIKE, WOAHHH. <3

    xx emma || http://emmakate101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Emma. <3

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose