Skip to main content

The Best Experience in the History of Experiences

Last week, on September 13th, 2013, two amazing things happened.

  1. Niall Horan--of One Direction--turned 20! *sends glittery kisses into the wind* I didn't forget you, baby! I promise!
  2. I met up with the most amazing person that has ever come into existence.



^^^ *sniffles* Here is a photo of our good-bye hug. Kenz added the glitter. ;)

My family and I had to drive about three and half hours, to get to our meeting place--which was a beautiful Barnes and Noble full of amazingly exquisite books [it was quite heavenly].

The whole trip there I was bubbling with excitement. Rocking in my seat, tugging at my hair, belting out the lyrics to any songs I knew when they blasted out of the speakers. I had a little brother to my left, a window to my right and a present in my lap--and a stuffed Pikachu at my feet. o.O

Finally, we arrived at our destination. I cannot describe to you the feeling of walking up to that bookstore, and having a someone whom you haven't physically interacted with, burst through the doors and crash into your arms. I waited for over a year to get that hug. Over a year. And I must say, it was definitely worth the wait.


*sniffles then wipes cheeks* And this is a photo of our first embrace. *smiles through tears* Kenz initiated this hug. She shoved the doors open and just *BAH BAM* found her way into my arms. OH, you just don't know how wonderful that feeling was. Plus... *leans toward computer and whispers* she smelt good. Which was like, a bonus. o.O

After our embrace, we went inside, and I met her extremely beautiful family. Then we sorta just hung out among the books, stroking covers, giggling over fangirl details and such. It was pretty awesome.



And that my dear friends is the back of Mackenzie's head [ isn't it beautiful? <3_<3 ] This is what happens when you leave your sister to the photography portion of your Internet friend meeting...

After an hour at le bookstore we made our way over to Chipotle [dude, you gotta try it. it's an ah-mazin' Mexican grill/restaurant/place...]. And on the way, we had the most beautifully awkward conversation that went something like this:

Me: ...you are even more beautiful in real life. •-•

Kenz: Oh gosh, no. •-•

Me: Oh gosh, yes. (•-•)-<3

Kenz: Mhm, okay. •-•

Me: It's true. Don't deny meh.

^^ Why am I so awkward?

And after a laughter-filled meal--and a gift exchange [we both got each other "The Fault In Our Stars"!]--it was time for our good-byes...

 

^^^ our "un-glitter-ified" good bye hug.
...sheesh, my hair is all over the place! >.<

I can tell you that good bye felt like I was ripping my heart out of my chest. Before we parted she gave me the most beautiful drawing--which I am clutching in my hand in the picture above.


Here is a photo of it. *sniffles* I framed it as soon as i got home. I think it's the start of my best friend shrine. o.O





^^^ psst...if you look closely enough you can see I have glitter on my forehead...
Yeah, it was part of my "parting gift". •-• [thank you Koren. <3]


Mackenzie is a quiet soul.
A very beautiful, quiet soul.
She didn't say a lot.
But she didn't have to.
Just seeing her smiling face
and feeling her embrace was
something words could ever describe,
no matter how far you stretch them.

Thank you, Kenz.
And remember;
I love you.

thanks for reading. <3
xoxo,

Comments

  1. Mademoiselle Moi20.9.13

    ROSSSIEEEEEE! <3 I'm dead again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mademoiselle Moi20.9.13

      To continue (I just had to be the first one to comment) : I am going to find you two girls and kidnap you and take you to a mysterious old bookstore (full of filtering rays of light and ancient specks of dust). And you two are going to be *cough* my people, and I shall make it that you will never depart; not on this earth, not in the eternities, not EVEH! And each day I'll come ask if you need anything else, but with each other you'll most likely say, "Nope, thanks" at the same time, and then erupt into gorgeous fits of laughter. And I'll smile and understand, and go back to my prayer of overwhelming gratitude to my God and my King who has in His infinite love brought meh tearfully perfect match of best friends together. And you can have any food you want, and you can read any book you want, and you can do ever so many things, and your dreams will come true each day, and magic will swirl around you, and angels from Heaven will protect you, (and when I say you, I mean Rosie+Kenz), and your family[ies] can (will) come see you, and every day it will become more real and you'll see that it's not a fantasised dream anymore: it's the beautiful truth.

      xo

      Delete
    2. Oh Les... *sniffles* That was beautiful. Just beautiful. <3

      I would actually quite appreciate if that happened. I want to be with my Kenz again. And such a scenario would be a perfect bringing together, no? Thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate them. <3

      I wish I had more to say, but your comment/s have left me utterly speechless. <3

      xoxo,
      Rosie

      Delete
    3. [Once] Les21.9.13

      You don't have to have anything more to say; as always, your coherent reply left me in a fit of joy. Which is good, by the way. :)

      Delete
    4. Aww, I'm so glad. XD <3

      Delete
  2. That's so great!! :) (On a side note... I.LOVE.CHIPOTLE. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. :)

      Awesome! :D A fellow Chipotle lover! \(>.<)/

      Delete
  3. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! HER HEAD IS FLAWLESS I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE!!!!!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mademoiselle Moi20.9.13

      Golly, Rosie, you NEVER EVEH told me that you had this epic, flawless sister; whyyyy? I'm convinced that every Colflesh in history was born that-a-way. Kudos.

      Delete
    2. @ Morgan: I know, right? It is, and I'm quite glad you got a photo of it. I could just stare at her--I mean, her head, all day. XP

      @ Les: Aww, thank you! You're too sweet. <3

      Delete
  4. why didnt i see this earlier.
    This post made my cry. it did.
    i dont know why.
    but...its so touching. ♥
    im so jelly. of your guys flawlessness.
    i dont know how you could even say goodbye..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I-it made you c-cry? Oh jeez... Here, *holds out tissue box* Have an Internet tissue.
      Flawlessness? There isn't any over here but if you look at the *flawless* red-head in the photos above you'll see plenty of flawlessness. ;}
      It was hard. Really, really hard.

      Delete
  5. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous!!!
    Anyway, I'm so very glad you two got to meet!!! I'm sure it was the time of your life!!! You've given me hope that I'll meet my cyber-besties on day <3 I'm sure it was so hard to say goodbye! D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, and I gave you the Liebster award on my blog!!! :D I'm sure I'm not the first ;)

    http://uniquetosaytheleast.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, really? I'm so glad. <3 It was the hardest good-bye I've ever had/experienced.

      Thanks for awarding me! :D

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete
  8. this is so sweet. <3 you two are seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. <3
      and I don't know about me, but I know for sure that Kenz is. :}

      Delete
  9. This is one of the most sweetest things ever! You two are so adorable and pretty. I hope you get to meet again one day. <3

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks, thanks Hannah. :)
      Oh, we will. ;)

      xoxo,
      Rose

      Delete
  10. ME JELLY. VERY VERY JELLY. •-•

    1. YOU ARE FLAWLESS.
    2. KENZIE IS FLAWLESS.
    3. THIS POST IS FLAWLESS.

    So, yeah...that's basically all I can say right now. •-•

    I wish I could meet Kenzie again...and it would be even more amazing if I could meet you, too. <3

    I love both of you girls so much!! <3

    xx emma || http://emmakate101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nearly died when I read this. •-• I actually read this yesterday and was about to comment when my computer shut down...Anyways, THAT IS AWESOME. <3 Me jelly. Very jelly. * sniff * Well anyways...You guys are amazing. •-•

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad for the both of you!!!! <3 Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like you had an amazing trip! so happy for you! thanks for following me on GFC!! followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy anniversary, sweet friends. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose