Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Kenz ♡

January 29th. Doesn't sound too significant, does it? Well I am going to change this date's meaning. Today is the day my flawless Mackenzie was born! #thisdaynowmeanseverythingtoyoudoesntit? ;)


And here's the birthday girl now.
Do NOT ask how I got this photo.
You really don't want to know... #stalker

Our dear Mackenzie Rae is now 17 years old. *spits water at computer screen then frantically wipes it away* WHAT?!? WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT...this can't be true. No no no, it can't be. Nope. I can't believe this. I refuse to even consider the possibility that with every passing second my beautiful baby is getting older. O-O *cough* Oh, but it is. The realistic part of me is scowling as it realizes the truth hidden beneath the earth and in between the layers. Time is passing us by all too fast and my dear Mackenzie truly is, seventeen. (I was going to share this totally unrelated song called "Seventeen" by Marina and the Diamonds but...I couldn't find the clean version. >.<)

In her seventeen years of life, Mackenzie has accomplished many things. I don't know a lot of them. I mean, I've only been her friend for two years now, but those two years have actually shown me a lot.

Like, for one thing, Kenz has the biggest, most beautiful imagination there is. Sometimes she acts like a five year old--the lovey dovey kind you just wanna pick up and cuddle with, yah know?--and in all honesty her red locks of hair truly fascinate me. She has this superb drawing/artistic talent that has been ingrained into her gorgeously cold hands. She's short-ish but not someone you should underestimate. If she says she'll be there for you, by the great God in heaven she will be there. She's gentle and persuasive, kind and sensitive. And just a warning to her future boyfriends(s <-- I feel bad for putting this "s" here...); if you hurt her, I swear I will find you, and make you pay for the crime you have committed. Is that understood?

[the smile of innocence shall be inserted here] I am so utterly blessed to have this wonderful opportunity to get to know Mackenzie. I mean, she gives me a meaning. She gives me something to live for. And as she's been here for me, I realize how truly thankful I am because I just don't know where I'd be without her...


*whispers* I made this and I'm actually rather proud of it...


Now, for the singing portion of this post. *grabs microphone off stand* Ansel, would you like to do the honors?



Yes. We know.

Now sing pretty boy! SING! \(•-•)/

"Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday dearest-ever-so-flawless Mackenzie,
happy birthday to you!"

*claps hands and sniffles* Wasn't that beautiful Kenz? You picked yourself a keeper. •-•

Now it's time for cake. <3_<3


I, um, made this too. I hope you like it... It's quite glittery, isn't it? >.< Well, you know what they say. If you make a mistake pour glitter on it. <-- I don't think anyone says that... •-•

I think that's all for now. You shall receive your present soon my love (or maybe you already have. this is a scheduled post after all. •-•)
But to make up for my lack of "postly presents", I have written up a writing passage for you, my dear. Enjoy. <3


* * *

   Seventeen years. That's all it took to shape you into the beautiful person you are today. To think that you were born on this very day, and to know that you, Mackenzie, are my best friend...why, it's all so overwhelming.
   I know you're scared to grow up. I know you're scared of the outside world, and the scary, mean people within its confines. But you, my dear, you shouldn't be afraid. Because I will be by your side, every step of the way. I'm here for you as you have been for me. Someday, on one of your future birthdays I'll be able to drive you down to that little cottage in the woods we've talked about. There will be a glitterized pathway--the only kind of path fit for such a flawless being as your self. I'll smear cake on your cheeks. We'll giggle and settle down into a cuddle with our Peeta blankets. I won't release your hand and you won't mind. Everything will be at peace.

   Now, Mackenzie, you have this special gift within you, something you've shared with me over our past two years of friendship. Your genuine brightness. The life I once lived has brightened because of you. I smile every day. I get showered in unnecessary compliments. I receive love that I know I don't deserve.
   The world is blessed to have your wondrous mind. The ground is glad to host your stride. The people around you are fortunate and lucky to be able to see your face, to hear your voice and to be touched by your hands--or to even be smacked by a door when you're excited to hug someone. ;)
   And I, Rose, have this privilege to be your best friend. Your HG Buddy. Your one and only. Your soul mate. I know at times grief over shadows me, drowning out the thankfulness I should have for you. You think I'm the amazing one. The one who has blessed the earth with (utterly horrendous) thoughts and ideas but I, of course, do not agree with such unbearable and drastic notions.
   I think my friendly readers would agree when I say you are the divine and adored addition to this world. Not me. And we are fortunate to have you.
(I hope that got my message across... I feel like I got way off topic. >.<)
Here are some lyrics that reminded me of us. Because they are utterly true...

"You took the time to memorize me:
my fears, my hopes, and dreams.
I just like hangin' out with you, all the time.
All those times that you didn't leave;
It's been occurring to me I'd like to hang out with you, for my whole life.

Stay.
And I'll be loving you for quite some time.
No one else is going to love me, when I get mad, mad mad.
So I think that it's best if we both stay, stay, stay, stay, stay, stay."
(Song lyrics curtsey of Taylor Swift's song, Stay Stay Stay)

Again, happy birthday.

Remember, I love you.

Alright?

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. Oh Rosie *sobs* Im like crying right now. You did such a wonderful job. You are sooo amazing you truly are outstanding.
    You know Mackenzie you look just like Mimi right there.
    *claps* Just a beautiful post just flawless! Too much flawlessness in one post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest most awesome thing I've ever read, you two are just too sweet. This is perfect. Just perfect. Continue being flawless, you two.
    Also, can I guess that you had Lila snapchat you that picture? XD haha. I am such a detective. Haha. Right.

    xoxo
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww :D Happy Birthday Mackenzie! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous29.1.14

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Stay amazing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world is blessed to have your wondrous mind.......
    John Phanchalad CEO JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. To know more about Mr Phanchalad and latest updates on business promotion you can contact John Phanchalad http://johnphanchalad.com/about

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed and agree with everything you wrote except for: "I think my friendly readers would agree when I say [Kenz is] the divine and adored addition to this world. Not me." Why? Psh, you defined Kenz, yes, but ALSO YOU ARE THE SAME TO US SO THE END. <3

    Your edits: FABULOUS. You? FABULOUS. It's all fabulous. The Rae and the Rose. Fabulous. And how fabsome to have your birthdays not too far from one another! *applauds*

    xx Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ( okay, first of all... I was cleaning a stain off of my shirt when my sister, Neeli, just had to get a snapchat of me doing so. Don't mind the ugly photo.)

    Now... ASFGHJKL; *sobs* YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING PERSON HERE. LIKE, I CAN'T EVEN. UGH. WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE YOU?!! FIRST THE FLAWLESS VIDEO (that I'm going to go watch again) AND NOW THE FLAWLESS POST?! I CAN'T WIN HERE. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE MY BEST FRIEND A "THE BESTEST BEST FRIEND OF THE YEAR" AWARD. BECAUSE SHE DESERVES IT.

    *clears throat* wow.. sorry about that. •-• Um, yeah... You made my birthday, honestly you did. Thank you so much for everything... I don't even know how I could possibly thank you for all the things you have done for me, Rose. I love you so much. <3 Please, be proud of your amazing gifts Rosie. They are definitely worth being proud of.

    Thank you for giving me the bestest birthday gift, and thank you for giving me the most amazing friendship. I do not know what I did to deserve it.

    I love you, so so much. <3

    Alright?

    Alright.

    xoxo,
    Kenz

    P.S. ASDFGHJKL; IM JUST GONNA GO SOB. YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO SPEESHUL. I LOVE YOU. OKAY. IDEK WUT TO SAY. IM JUST SO HAPPY. AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also; the banner is fabulous. i love it so much. omg. and the cake, PERFECT. then ansel, oh..meh..gawsh. oh! oh! i forgot to mention the song lyrics... PERFECT PICK BABY. now i must go listen to that song. like right away.

      okay, i'm leaving now.

      i love you!! :)

      xoxo,
      Kenz

      Delete
    2. ...i miss you already. •-•

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose