Skip to main content

What Makes You, YOU? Winners.

It has been a little over a week since my What Makes You, YOU? Contest ended. :) I originally received three beautiful entries, but because of the late entries allowance, four more people entered. Here are their names, and links to their blogs;


+ + +

Now, as promised, here are the top three entrants. Please remember that the top three were picked randomly, via Random.org. None of these entries were rated in anyway, nor were they judged.

In third place we have the lovely Brooke Elise. She was my first entrant and I must say, she has a lovely writing style. Just see for yourself below.

+ + +

How does one describe a person that they themselves don't know that much about? Do they stumble around guessing- or do they get to the facts and miss the most important parts?

You would think that after fifteen years in living in the same body you would know yourself from the tips of your hairs to your little toes. But believe it or not- I don't. I am still figuring it out myself; so bare it with me as I learn along with you. >.<

*clears throat*

Hi! *waves* I am Brooke Elise from Better Than Words.

I want to first thank flawless Rosie to have this beautiful contest, it was such a wonderful idea! *blows kisses in her direction*

To figure out who I truly am, let’s get a closer look at some of my personal facts.

My life revolves around seven things: God, One Direction [a.k.a. Niall Horan *.*] Austin Mahone, Nutella [even though I only had one jar and ate it in a week], Lila:), Divergent [can we just add- Intvergent, Allegiance, and Fault in Our Stars? While we are at it- lets add books in general], and music [which would also include my talent of loud singing in the shower ._.]

I am the kind of girl that grabs her mp3 player and heads to the woods; making sure that no-one is watching and dancing to the beautiful music while acting like a noran. I am the girl who sings at the top of her lungs even though everyone else is silent and watching me with their tiny beady eyes. I can just see them wondering if my I am all there, however they all too kind to say anything about my sanity. It is I who grabs the bag of chips and empties it in front of my computer.

I am the girl who tries to look like Taylor Swift but never succeeds. >.< I am the person who composes her own long renditions on the piano dedicated to Harry Styles and her favorite book characters; but never remembers them when she is finished. It is I who stays in the bathroom for a hour wondering why my nose is slightly on the side, or why freckles enjoy my face. I am the one who stays up all night watching One Direction until my eyes are big with wonder and full of tears of admiration and love.

I must confess that I am the one who needs friends surrounding me at all times. Someone to lean on and talk to- someone to tell me that I am worth something. I love people. They are my lifeline and joy, and I can't be mean to anyone- *cough, cough* well most everyone. Each person is on this earth for a reason, and is so beautiful in his|her way. I just love getting to know new people I never knew existed. I love feeling that someone out there knows about you and thinks about you.

I love singing. [if it hasn't been made clear in the previous paragraphs] If I could be anything in the world I would be a singer. It makes me so happy and feel like I am doing something for another individual. I love the beautiful feeling that you are free and can sing at the top of your lungs. I can just imagine those notes floating out of my mouth *smile* [even those off-key ones] and hitting the opposite wall.

Last of all, but not least, I love WORDS. Aren't they beautiful? They cheer me up every time I see them. I love writing with those beautiful creatures and putting to life a story that someone can relate to and love.

I think every girl in some time of her life downgrades her own life, and lifts another person higher then herself. It's almost natural- for we don't see ourselves as we truly are. We see ourselves as comments that another girl told another; rather than the inside that is truly beautiful. I want to inspire each person that they are beautiful and unique in God's eyes- and all are made perfect the way they are. They are loved by God and everyone doesn't hate them. I want to be that person, who, when my name is mentioned people say, "Because of her- I didn't give up. Because of Brooke, I kept going."

I want to be the person who, even when older, can understand and play with little children. Who can smile at each little one and give them something to live for.

I don't want to grow up and be perfect. I know that is an understatement; I am not perfect, however I don't want to do everything right. I don't want to do the same thing every day. I want to learn something new each day, and accomplish it.

"We didn't want to be people who came home with briefcases and papers and sat around drinking coffee." [Quote from Austin Mahone]

I want to enjoy those simple little things. A smile from Austin, the first snow, a present given from the heart, the long day at home, hearing Story Of My Life on the radio [hahaha I can more than enjoy those moments], friends that love and care for you, and the sun shining from the clouds above.

I hope to be the person who lives life to the fullest. Always enjoying each moment and being carefree and full of joy. [a.k.a. if you want a good example look up Niall Horan ^.^] Being the person God wants of me, and blessing other people.

Inside of me? Oh dear- I don’t even know myself. *sigh* I could guess- personally, I would be afraid to know. I guess we don’t know for a reason. If we did; then we would be scared to show the truth and hide it.

+ + +


In second place we have my (flawless, perfect, totally flipping amazing) best friend, Mackenzie. [GAH, I LOVE YOU BABY! <3] In her entry, Mackenzie included a drawing she made with sharpies. Like wow dude. You have some crazy awesome talent. ;D

+ + +

This is my entry for the WHAT MAKES YOU, YOU? contest over at Truly. Madly. Deeply.
I am deeply sorry for it being so late. Please forgive me? 



[look at what I created with my sharpies. ;) ]

My name; Mackenzie.
"Son of a wise ruler, born of fire."

One word. Three syllables. A person.

I know that your name isn't actually what makes you, you. It's just a name your parents picked for you when you were born. But to me, my name is part of who I am. The name itself says "born of fire", and I have red hair. So, yes, it feels like my name fits me pretty well and I really like that. :) 

Who am I?

This is probably the hardest question you could ask me. 

I am always trying to be someone else. Which is really stupid, I know. I don't exactly know why I do that. It could be because, all my life I've been trying to act normal. Having a need to feel what's normal. 
Or it could be that I am obsessed with the idea of needing things to be perfect. I am a perfectionist. Which can be really annoying, because if something isn't perfect then it really bugs the living daylights out of me. O.o
It could also be because I have this fear of feeling stupid. I absolutely hate it. 

There must be something that makes me myself, right? It could be my interests, or what I do on my free time. But, I'm going to try and answer the question here without giving you a list of things I like or like to do... So bear with me, okay? 

I am the background. 

I am the reader not the book. 

I am the pencil not the paper.


I saw this on weheartit today and it explained me more than I could ever explain myself.

I am the observer. 

I live for the people around me.

And you know what? I like that.
I don't want to be center stage, I want to be the backdrop. 

I don't want to be the world, I want to be somebody's world. 

So, basically I am still figuring out who I am. •-•

+ + +

And now to announce the overall winner. The one who receives the prize of creating a character with me, to put in one of my stories. :)

Drumroll please.

*dances to drumroll*

\(o-o)-

-(o-o)/

~(o-o)~

~(>o<)~

ABBY!

Contrats Abby! :)
Her beautiful entry was entitled: Stardust.

+ + +


"Watch me."

If you had met me a couple of years ago, never would have thought I would have dared or possessed the courage to say these words. Back then, I was a shy girl who rarely ever spoke her mind outside of school. Every critical or negative comment took a huge hit on me. I took the words of other people constantly to hear—every thought a person had or said about me, I listened.

And I believed.

It’s really funny, how imitative behavior can affect us. The way that most things seemed to be set up, especially school settings. Everyone fights for position. Everyone wants to be seen and heard. We all try to fit in, as the (amazing) Lorde puts it in Team:

“And everyone's competing for a love they won't receive…”

We all fit ourselves into tiny little labels. They are words which seem to describe us, but disillusions who we are and causes people to not allow everyone to see through the wonderful kaleidoscope who we are. We’re all told labels are bad—I completely agree with that. But why? Sure, people could judge and be prejudice to people a certain way just the way they’re labeled, and many events in history show certain people being discriminated just because of one certain quality they have.
But don’t you see the point?

Sometimes, people are so desperate to fit in that they take drastic measures, like doing things you wouldn’t normally do. That, and being defined by labels leave no room for originality!

Some people tend to claim that they’re just “ordinary” and they’re not special, and someone out of the other 7.2 billion people who live on this planet is like you.

Nope. No one out there is like you. You are original, unique, and one of a kind. Special. If that doesn’t seem to make you feel believe that you are any of those things, then lean in and listen closely to the next thing I’m about to tell you. Everyone. Yeah, even you over there in the corner, eating a donut while listening to that music by OneRepublic, isolated from everyone else because they have no idea how much this album means to you.

We are all made of stardust.

When the life of a star dies, the star can burst into a supernova in a matter of a couple of hours, scattering particles which would be used to create a new star. Some of these particles are in us. They helped create us. Trust me, being out of the same materials of something that glimmers in the sky is one of the best things ever, besides having glitter running through your veins. If you let yourself, “I am made of stardust,” or, “I sparkle,” and absolutely believe it, I guarantee you will feel special and happy—no, more content—about who you are.

So, if I was the quiet girl who rarely spoke her mind a few years ago, then who I am now? Who is the girl writing this to all of you lovely people out there? Many things can describe who I am. I've been through a lot, I have seen, heard, smelled, tasted, felt. I have learned a lot from the moment I have drawn my first breathe to this moment when I am writing frivolously into the night.

Like I said before, I rarely ever spoke my mind. As I got older though, I felt the need to speak up and say what I wanted to say, as long as my opinion or thought was considerate to the people around me. That is the reason why I began to blog in 2013, along with the reason that I wanted to find out who I truly am.

There was a story that my librarian read to my class in elementary school, about a girl whose book-- an actual, literal book-- about her life coming to a blank when the television took control over her life. "Control" is such a strong word, but watching TV was all she did day and night. The point of the story wasn't just about how to get out of your electronic screens once in awhile, but to live life as it is now. The girl in the story soon began to talk to every person she met, and the more she did, the more filled pages were in the book. That's what I'm trying to do right now. Every new opportunity or chance I have never taken before, I try. I appreciate all of the big moments and the little moments, whether it's giving a speech to an audience to stuttering and tripping on the floor about three times a week.

People give me weird looks when tell them I'm doing things such as blogging, but you know what? Forget their comments. When I grow old, I will be happy because I have lived y life to the fullest and never took any moment for granted.

I'm the girl with many nicknames-- Pikachu, Morning, and Shish Kebabs (long story on all of them) are just a couple of examples. I'm the girl who can literally stumble across a misadventure which soon, turns out, to be an adventure, and blogs about it. I am that girl who writes to express herself and to give guidance to people who need it. I'm the girl who is trying to find her place in this world. Mostly, I am myself, the girl who went out into the world and lived her life greatly, and that is how I want people to remember me by.

So, for all of you people who don't know me or to those people who have always tried to put me down:

Watch me walk out into the light of the world and live my life to the fullest.

"Watch me."



+ + +

WOW...wasn't that beautiful? Great job Abby. GREAT job. Email me at rosecolflesh@gmail.com, so we can discuss your prize details! :)

Well, that's all for now. Thanks again to those who entered, and shared my contest. :)

Have a blessed day. <3

xoxo,
Rosie

Comments

  1. Thanks for a wonderful contest. I hope you liked my entry - it wasn't very good, but I enjoyed writing it.

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING. Rose, what a brilliant idea?! Loved reading these...OH. MY. WOW. They were all gorgeous. Loved, loved, loved this post.
    Tane ♥
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see my entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, they were beautiful! Especially Abby's. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose