Skip to main content

Guest Post by Bethan

Hey there! It's Bethan from Think. Read. Write. Dream.

The beautiful Rose was kind enough to let me guest post on her amazing blog - which is such an honour! I'll start with a little about myself. :)

I'm 14 years old, with curly brown hair, eyes that don't really have a specific colour and very pale skin. I'm also really small... I'm right-handed, a bit socially awkward, a perfectionist and a tiny bit crazy. I am a Christian that loves reading, writing, blogging and drawing. I've wanted to be a writer since I was really young and am always daydreaming. I love to play the piano, and have just passed my Grade 4 exam.

If you enjoy this guest post, you can head over to my blog where I post book hauls, occasional tags and awards, quite a few of my writings and a little bit of randomness (okay.. a lot of randomness.)

Here's a little taste of my writings. I hope you enjoy. :)

The sky is dark with grey clouds and I hear a faint rumbling coming from above. The rain will start soon. I need to get under cover. I re-adjust the bag strap on my shoulder, causing the satchel to bump against my thigh. It's heavy, filled with boxes of hair dye, different pairs of glasses, several sets of clothes and shoes, a variety of makeup and contact lenses for each eye colour. Everything in the bag is different. Different colours, different shapes and sizes, different styles.

The wind is cold today. It's harsh and cruel, unlike yesterday's light summer breeze that cooled my hot cheeks and brushed my hair away from my face in a gentle caress.

Yesterday, I was a petite girl, with straight blonde hair and blue eyes. I wore a colourful dress and shoes with bows. I had pink lips, rosy cheeks and gold eye shadow to bring out my eyes. My nails were long and fake, painted a pastel blue.

Today, I am tall, the heels inside my black trainers hidden. I have wavy brown hair and grey eyes, hidden behind huge glasses. I wear a minimal amount of makeup, a deep red lipstick and a smudge of eyeliner all that is noticeable. My nails are short and bitten, drumming a fast beat against my leg. I wear ripped jeans, a plain t-shirt and a dark jacket. I blend in to the grey setting, invisible, just like the girl I was yesterday - the same as every other girl walking on the beach.

The ruthless wind presses an escaped curl across my neck like a noose and pushes my hood down. I yank it back up and hold it around my face. I don't think anybody saw me. I quickly glance around before prying the strand of hair off my neck and pushing the fake glasses up my nose. They're a bit too big, but they'll do for now. I just need something to make me look different until I get to the train station. The glasses, plus the dark lipstick, plus the brown hair, are all I need to blend in, to become someone else.

As long as I look nothing like the girl in the posters.

Well, I really hope you liked that. It's just something that came to my head. I'm not sure if I'll use it in anything. But who knows? XD

I really hope you decide to check out my blog! You can also find me on social media. :)

Blog - Think. Read. Write. Dream.
Pinterest
Goodreads
Bloglovin'

Thanks for reading <3

Comments

  1. That's beautiful, and so awesomely cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Bethan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Bethan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful writing piece Bethan! I really enjoyed it!! ☻☺
    Grace xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you all soooooo much! It really means a lot to me. <3
    Love you all!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose