Skip to main content

Life Lessons + Selling Cookies To Strangers

A recent realization I've had is that I never post about myself. I'm always posting some sad writing piece I conjured up, or some song I fell in love with. Nothing with personal depth.

Today, I've decided to change that by telling you about my recent life learnings.

+ With the start of the new month I've started many new WIP projects - as well as a business project for Nicole Rose Designs. :) I'm super excited and I hope to share some details of this with you guys later. So stay tuned! This lesson: stay focused, believe, and you will get to where you want to be.

+ It's October now and we all know what that means. Halloween! I'm super excited. I have no idea what I'm going to be. Maybe a uni-human, or perhaps a cigarette (so I can go up to people and say "Hey, look at me! I'm a metaphor!"). This lesson: be who you want to be. Express yourself.

+ Lately I've been contemplating life and the brilliant persistence it takes to live. There are so many things I've learned about me and about others, it's crazy. This world is crazy. But I love it. I'm actually really starting to love it. This lesson: Being alive is such a blessing. It's a true gift. No one should give it up.

+ On Sunday I stood in the freezing cold for over three hours, trying to sell cookies to people at a flea market. It was fun but exhausting beyond measurability. I told my mother that I should staple the bags of cookies to the inside of the coat I stole from her friend then go up to someone and be all like: "Hey, dude. *opens up coat* Yah wanna buy somethin'?" We both laughed rather hard at this. This lesson: don't be afraid to laugh at yourself.

+ School takes up so much of my time, it's rather amazing I have any energy to do other things. Of course, in the time I do have I tend to procrastinate and tell myself one more episode of Criminal Minds won't hurt. This lesson: try not to it's okay to procrastinate.

+ I want to do something spectacular. I want to start a movement. I want to inspire. I also want to know how I'm going to do that. This lesson: develop big dreams, but also develop plans for those dreams.

+ Before I end this post I just want everyone to know that the words you say or type have a great impact on people so never ever say something you don't mean or you will deeply regret it. This lesson: watch what you say. Words hurt.

I guess that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this unusual post. Make sure you share this post because, why not? Also, check me out on tumblr, instagram, pinterest, or google plus.

Comment below with some of your own personal life lessons. :)

Until next time,

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. LOL that would definitely be one way to sell cookies! "brilliant persistence it takes to live" I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, especially the one about dreams. That's a lesson I've been learning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these lessons Rose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, beautiful way to tell about your life! Lovely post, Nicole! =) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose