Skip to main content

Be a doer, not a dreamer - make your goals SMART

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY BLOGGER!

It's officially the new year and you know what that means, don't you?

GOALS. RESOLUTIONS. PLANNING. GAH.

Now personally, I'm not the resolution setting type - only because I really don't want to turn into that person who promises to do things for the new year but doesn't quite get around to them. Over the years I've mostly just been that person who doesn't bother with goals or promises, but instead ignores what I did over the past year, hopes I learned from my mistakes, then continues on with what they're doing.

Well, not this year (oh boy, here we go).

[photo]

This year, I have goals. A list of things I will complete by the end of the year. They are listed below.

Each of these goals has a plan of action and a timeline set to help them on their way. But how can I be sure these goals will get accomplished? How can I be sure they're what actually needs to be done? How do I know I'm not wasting my time?

After searching the web and coming across a helpful webinar, I discovered the key to unlocking goals with potential.

I need to create SMART goals.

But hey - what's a S.M.A.R.T. goal?

A SMART goal is:

  • Specific - what, how and why.
  • Measurable - gives you the evidence you need so say you accomplished the goal.
  • Achievable - the goal should challenge you, but not pose as too much of a challenge.
  • Results-focused - the focus is on the results, not the activities.
  • Time-related - should be wrapped in a certain time frame or limit.

(For more information, visit this helpful page.)

The real question is; how to you determine your goals are SMART?

Determining S.M.A.R.T. goals


First, ask yourself these questions:

  • What will this goal accomplish?
  • How will you measure if the goal's been reached?
  • Is it possible?
  • How could you benefit from the accomplishment of this goal?
  • When does this goal need to be completed?
Download this free printable to help you sort out your SMART goals. :)
Now we see that growing creative and widely free isn't really a SMART goal, but it's something I want to accomplish, so I threw it up there anyway. ;)

Something to take away: not all your goals have to be SMART, but your plans would definitely improve if they were. :)

What are your SMART goals?


xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. Ah, yes, the writing and struggles of editing, the struggles! :) It's easier to procrastinate but doing that, nothing gets accomplished. Hope you accomplish your resolutions and have an amazing New Year!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Rose! Your new design looks really nice. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year, Rosie!
    You've made lovely resolutions! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Rose! Love your resolutions. ^-^
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome blog!

    ~Racic
    washed-water.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your resolutions, and your blog! The design and content is so awesome. You are really pretty btw!

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These seem like very well thought out resolutions, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals for this year! S.M.A.R.T. goals are definitely key and it looks like you are set up for a great 2015 :)
    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose