Skip to main content

DIY: Cherishings Jar

Hello there darlings. :) Today I am going to do something I don't normally do - a DIY. I'm not a hands on crafty person, but I really felt like I should do this. You'll definitely receive a positive boost if you do this craft. So let's get started! :)

Today we will be making a cherishings jar. I made mine way back in August and it's really helped me realize how amazing life can truly be - especially if you look at the little things.


You will need:


+ A jar/container to hold your cherishings (I used an old plastic orange juice bottle).
+ A pen/pencil/marker/whatever you want to use to write your cherishings.
+ Scissors
+ Paper

(and if you'd like to decorate your jar get some duct tape or ribbon)

Step 1. If you'd like, decorate your cherishings jar. Make it look really happy and creatively awesome, so that it fits your personal needs.

Step 2. Write down a few things you cherish. Nothing is too big or too small. A list of ten evenly spaced items should work, to start off your jar. :)


Step 3. Cut, fold, and place your cherishings in your jar. :)


Step 4. Marvel at your work. ;)


Step 5. Try to put more cherishings in your jar everyday.

Now whenever you feel down, just dump out your cherishings and read through them for a little reminder of the good things in life.

I hope you enjoyed this little craft. Let me know in the comments if you did this, and/or what you cherish. :)

What do you cherish?


Thanks for reading!
xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. Looks great! Plan on trying it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea! Really positive and creative, and not difficult at all to do! I'm going to try it ;)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to attempt this!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10.1.15

    I did this last year, and going through it on New Years Eve was amazing. I also went to it every time I was upset/feeling down and it made me smile every time.
    I'll be doing a cherishings jar again this year! It's a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, and I also love to create memory jars for the year and then go back and read them on the 31st. It's fun to see how you've grown and stuff.
    I've never seen this idea, but I might do it this year :)
    -Lauren
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose