Skip to main content

The Resources That Keep Me On Track

Things can get hectic sometimes. And because I'm the type of perfectionist person who hates feeling as though she's slipped behind but takes too much on anyway, I know how it feels to get overwhelmed with projects, school and personal things. I know how it feels to not be able to separate your thoughts and focus on one task at a time and still feel productive. That's why I've put together this post for you today. These resources have helped me a lot - and I'm sure they'll help you as well. :)


Evernote

Evernote is something I use mainly for school. Whether I have to answer a short series of questions, take notes or whatever, I can just log into Evernote and start typing.

You can place your notes in "notebooks", which allows you to keep your History notes separate from your Biology notes. You can also tag things as well.

To get extra features you could update to a premium account for five dollars a month (or 45 for the whole year). But depending on what you want to do with this, you may not even consider upgrading. Evernote's basic account is fine as is.

Google Drive

I use Google Drive for my bigger, meatier projects, such as my novels, school papers, and forms. With Google Drive you can put your related papers into folders. Like so:


And because I like being thorough, I put folders in folders (cleans everything up).

Only 15GB (gigabytes) of space comes with your Google Drive, but there's an option to purchase more (if you really need to).

Google Keep

Google Keep is a life saver. As a blogger/writer/web designer who greatly enjoys making lists or conjuring random things, Google Keep is bestest of friends. You can organize your thoughts by color (I use white for blogging projects, yellow for random, red/orange for personal projects and so on) and create check lists to help you stay focused.

You can also set notes up in a way that your Gmail will remind you on a date and time of your choosing.

Trello

Trello is my newest find and I have to say I'm loving it. It helps me organize my projects into boards. And when I open up a board, I can see the notes on that project, and what needs to be accomplished in order for me to say the project is complete. Very helpful for me, since I tend to take on so much and get so scatter-brained.

Tododist

I discovered this amazing application just a few weeks ago and I have to say, it's greatly organized my life. Not only do I get the satisfaction of knowing I'm getting stuff done, I get points every time I have check something off my life - which is a pretty big motivator. ;)



With Todoist, you can accomplish your daily tasks in a clean, modern fashion.

Thank you for reading.
xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. I love Google Drive so much! It's really helped organize things, especially drafts if my novels. It's also a great way for me and my friends to connect even when we all go to different schools; we end up writing stories on shared documents and the entire file fills up fast.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :) Oh, that's such a great idea - I'll have to see if my friends want to do the same thing. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love Evernote and Google Drive! I use Google Drive for particular school assignments and I use Evernote to keep track of all my homeschool work. They really are lifesavers!

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Google Drive ALOT for things I have to write and get together for meetings of groups I'm in and I do tend to revert to a notebook, planner and sticky notes XP
    Sometimes I even send emails to myself! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually prefer colorful & cool resources, but nowadays many of them are no longer available / you must buy the app, so ...
    But Evernote sounds great! I'll try it ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've GOT to try Google Keep. I'm the type of person who's always making little one-liner notes on my iPod, so I think some organization would be great. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose