Skip to main content

There Are No Rules

Something that's been a recurring message in my life is that there are no rules. Living isn't supposed to be fit into a mold. You don't have to go to the mall or write 2500 words a day or even brush your hair. But I find myself prioritizing these because, well, I thought I was supposed to be doing them (though, the brushing of my hair could be viewed as a worthwhile use of my time).

In reality, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.



When it comes to choosing what you do, who you spend your time with, and what you get out of life, there are no rules. There may be outside expectations, dreams, realities and conflicts, but overall, you get to choose your path. I know it's not as simple as that, but simplifying it allows you to see the whole picture.

So if I feel this way, why do I do half the things I do? Why do I put myself in social situations that give me anxiety? Why do I get out of bed at 6:40 in the morning, when I know I could sleep in until eight? Why do I push myself, when I could ease up and go about it the easy way?

For me, the answer is simple.

I don't want it easy.


Okay, sometimes I do. But not completely. I don't want to live a life that wasn't fought for. I don't want to wake up and realize all my opportunities have vanished. That I gave myself unnecessary rules and couldn't have enough self-discipline to be diligent and productive in my dreams.

Reaching out, standing up and conquering fears - that's what life was meant for. Acquiring passions, finding love and pursuing dreams - that's what I want to do.

That's what I choose.

What's your opinion?

Comment down below if you agree, have something you'd like to express, or even want to contradict what I've said. I'd love to hear from you. :)

Comments

  1. This is so awesome! I totally agree with you.

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the you are amazing and so is your blog award!
    here is the link:
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is spot on perfection. Sometimes late at night when I am bored and can't sleep I think about stuff like this. I think about this allot, and have to say I agree with you in so many ways. Thank you for having a logical brain.
    Mae :)
    superswankified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I go to an event where I won't know anyone, or somewhere where I'll have to be alone and interact with people I don't know I get super anxious, but I tell myself that it'll be good for me and help me get over being afraid of social situations and that kind of stuff. Usually it's awkward, but never the disaster I dreamed up.

    We should all try to do thing we want to do, even if we're not comfortable with the situations or getting what we want is hard.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect. I agree! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Jim Kirk said in Star Trek one time, fighting, struggling, dreaming, that's what makes us human. Or something like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose