Skip to main content

5 Easy Steps That Will Make You A Superhero

October 31st, 2014. Halloween day. I was wearing a leather jacket, my combat boots and black nail polish. Words rolled off my tongue in the most pleasant of manners. I made mistakes and laughed at myself. I was strutting down the sidewalk, swinging my bag of candy with glee. I felt good. I felt fabulous. I felt like...

Like superwoman.

These moments (for me) can be few and far between. Very rarely have I felt good enough to put myself on the same playing field as superwoman. So I created this post to help those of you out there who either need a pick me up or are ready to conquer your enemies.

Warning, this post may contain radioactive positivity and could potentially turn you into an awesome butt kicking super hero. ;)




+ Resist comparison.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT compare yourself to others. EVER. We are all very different people. We are all in different places, struggling with different things. So, isn't it unfair to compare yourself to people who you not only have no idea what could be going on internally (what their thoughts and feelings are), but also are in completely different circumstances than you?

Keep this in mind the next time you begin to compare yourself to others.

+ Check your mentality.

If you're thinking about the bad score you got on your math test, or about how you tripped and fell in dance class, then I can already tell you your thoughts are headed down the wrong path.

Do a mental analysis. What are you thinking about? Does that thought make a pang come to your heart? Does it bring you down or make you feel icky? If so, stop that thought. Remove it from your head. It has absolutely no business hanging out in your mental space.

Related post: How to deal with your inner critics and icky thoughts.

+ Find your empowering item.

For me, this is black lipstick. *inserts dramatic, not that great photo of self*



I don't know why, but wearing black lipstick makes me feel good. Like, really really good.

Find something that makes you feel good. Whether it be a lip piercing, hair dye or rainbow socks, find it and flaunt it. Don't be afraid of what other people think because this is for you, not them. What they have to say doesn't matter because when you put on your empowering item, you should begin to feel like a pre-superhero - almost there but not quite.

+ Look people in the eye.

Looking people in the eye and engaging in conversation - as scary as that may be sometimes - is actually a really good way of warming yourself up to use your superpowers.

Challenge

The next time you go out in public, whether it be to the grocery store or a dance party, I challenge you to start up a conversation with someone. Ask the cashier about their day. Complement someone on their eyes. Try to spread smiles as you go. Let the people around you catch a glimpse of who you are. Whatever you do, do it with enthusiasm and warmth.

"Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful." Rashida Jones

+ Stand up straight.

Lengthen your spine, keep your shoulders back and hold your head high. You are a superhuman. You are strong, capable and confident. You have the right words, the right personality, the right amount of sass. You are a great, magnificent contribution to this world and you have the power to overcome anything you set your mind to.

The only person holding you back from reaching your full superhero awesomeness is, well, you.

If you could pick one super power, which would you choose and why?

Comment below with your answer. I can't wait to hear from you! :)

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose