Skip to main content

Javascript: What is it and where does it go?

For pretty much my whole blogging journey I've been working on coding designs for my sites. CSS was my favorite and HTML is bearable, but Javascript... Oh, the dreaded Javascript...

I could never get Javascript down. I couldn't write my own codes or even make the ones I got off the web work. And I never understood why. So I've created this post today to help those of you who may be struggling as well.


What is it?

Javascipt is the most popular programming language. Like, ever. It can change HTML content, attributes, CSS styles, and much, much more. It makes web pages interactive and can be used in non-web based environments, such as PDFs and desktop widgets. [1]

If you'd like to learn more about Javascript, like who created it and the many things it can do, head on over here. :)

The standard Javascript code:

<script type='text/javascript'>
//<![CDATA[
Your JavaScript coding here
//]]>
</script>
The code above is very important when it comes to adding your Javascript into your Blogger template. If you just slap your code into your template without using the script above, it won't be read properly and could do some terrifying things to your blog. So be careful when implementing Javascript and always make sure you have this code surrounding your hard work.

How to implement it:

Add your code before the </head> tag

How to get there

  1. Choose the blog you'd like to add your Javascript to.
  2. Choose Template then click "Edit HTML".
  3. Paste your code above the </head> tag (if you can't find it, use Ctrl + F).

Add it into a HTML/Javascript gadget

Take your code, head on down to layout, and paste into the gadget. Make sure to save your changes!

As you can see, these steps are actually very simple, and don't require much effort at all. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, feel free to contact me. I love hearing from you guys. :)

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose