Skip to main content

You Are Special (Guest Post)

I’m not athletic.

I don’t look like a model.

I have a ton of quirks.

I’m not a very sociable person.

I talk about photography way too much.

I have a hard time making new friends.

I am messy.

I’m not great at school.

I giggle way too much.

I’m not a great singer.

I have a hard time putting my thoughts on paper.

I’m a very weird person.

But all of this is ok. Just because I’m not great at sports or school or singing; it doesn’t define my self-worth. Just because I don’t look like a model, doesn’t mean I’m not pretty. Mine (and your) personality isn’t based on how we look and the things we’re good at. Instead, it’s based on how we act and how we treat other people. I guess what I’m trying to say is, our flaws do not define who we are as a human being. Just because you don’t look like your best friend or weigh more then they do, it doesn’t make you any less worthy than them.

Psalm 139:13-14 says this: “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”

We look exactly how we were suppose to look. God created you and I the way he wanted to and He makes no mistakes. If God wouldn’t have wanted you to have blonde hair and freckles or maybe brown hair with brown eyes or any other color-He wouldn’t have made you like that.

“He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.” -Ecclesiastes 3:11

“But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seethnot as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” -1 Samuel 16:7
So don’t try to look like everyone else. Don’t try to be like everyone else. There is only one you in the world, and you are unique. No one else is exactly like you and you are beautiful. Don’t let anyone try to tell you different. ;)

Displaying Untitled111.jpg

About Jess Ann:

Hey y'all! My name is Jessica Ann Wingard (I go by Jess Ann online) and I come from Small Town, Oklahoma. ;) Best place ever!! <3 My absolute favorite thing to do is to take pictures. Seriously if you looked up "Craziest Obsessed Photographer" my picture would be there! Well, maybe not since I hate pictures of me. Ironic, right?! :) I have recently discovered that writing is sorta fun. I mean how cool is it that you have the power to make people feel emotions like happy or sad (or bored; maybe that's what y'all are feeling right now reading about me! ;)) with a story! Some of my other hobbies are babysitting, (I ADORE lil ones!!! Seriously my little boys I babysit are my life.) baking, hanging out with friends, (surprise! I do have friends. Hah, betcha didn't think so with how weird I am. ;P) playing violin, blogging...and whatever else I think of right after I send this email. I am a Christian and believe that Jesus died for our sins and loves each and every one of us. <3 I am also a HUGE introvert, homeschooler, (heh, that surely has nothing to do with me not liking to talk to people!) and have 2 younger brothers. Well....I should probably go as I have a whole paragraph!!! I like to talk. Can you tell? ;) Thanks for reading all of this...unless you fell asleep..if you did this is just awkward....ok..I'm going now...see ya! -jess ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose