Skip to main content

Ask Self Known // 001

Hello my fabulous readers. Today we are going to start off the new biweekly addition to Self Known called, Ask Self Known (if you come up with a better name to call this, feel free to comment below!).

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the people who sent in questions. I got more responses than I expected, so I feel very blessed that you guys support me and believe in me enough to allow me to give you advice. I love helping people and with the start of this new series, I hope to do just that.

Now let's get started! :)


1. Hey, Rose! I have a (Blog) designing question, actually, as usual...I want to put a colored bar across the top of my blog, stretched to the edges for my pages. But I haven't figured it out for sometime, even with Google's and another web designer's help- I thought maybe you might know what to do?

If I understand your question correctly, I think the CSS code you'll want to apply to your blog is:

body { border-top: solid 10px yellow; }

If not, please contact me with more information, so that I can help you out. :)

2. Are you blogger hosted (this blog & design blog)?

Yes, my blog is hosted by Blogger. I have always used Blogger for my blogs, and highly recommend it to newer bloggers. It has an easy to use interface, and makes learning code easier as well. :)

3. Honestly, what's your advice on getting over a crush?

Though I've had many crushes - some lasting for five minutes, others lasting for eight months - it's still hard for me to get over them and tell my heart to stay in the moment because there are important things to focus on.

Here are the techniques I use to get over a crush.

+ Write him/her a letter.

This is not as silly as you think. You can pour all of your emotions out into a letter designed specifically for the human you became affectionate of. You can curse them or explain to them how pretty their eyes are. You can tell the story of how and why you began liking them. You can write the same word or phrase over and over again until your hand gives out. Whatever helps you relieve your emotional burden.

The best part about this? You don't have to give them the letter. You can delete it from your computer. You can burn it in your backyard. You can crumple it up, shred it, toss it, stomp on it or even just tuck it away in your little box of cherished things no one ever has to know about.

+ Let go (a visual exercise).

Imagine your crush is a balloon. This balloon has a string, and that string is in your hand. When you are ready, let go of that string and watch your balloon up up up into the sky, out of sight, away from you.

(And if you happen to be mad at your crush, feel free to pop the balloon. ;))

+ Remind yourself of all the things that didn't work.

I mean, he was kind of a jerk anyway, right? He was rude. He had a girlfriend. He didn't meet all the requirements on your list. He was pushy, didn't respect you and didn't care. He was a heart breaker. He didn't give you a second look. He led you on. He's fictional. Etc, etc, etc.


In the end, crushes are called crushes for a reason. Sometimes they work. Most of the time they don't. (Trust me, I know.) All in all, you need to remind yourself that there's someone better for you out there. Someone who is your perfect counterpart. And if the only requirement to get this person in your life is to wait patiently... Well, I don't know about you, but I'll wait as long as it takes.

Related: How to Be Happily Single


4. What are your favorite fonts, and where is the best place to get them for free?

My favorite fonts are the following:



My favorite places to get free fonts from are:

Need answers?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose