Skip to main content

Ask Self Known // 002

Hello my fabulous friends! How is everyone on this wonderful day? :)
Today's answers are brought to you by Blogger and caffeine. Let's begin, shall we? ;)

1. Hi! I saw the first question in this post (referring to the last advice column post), and made me wonder, where do I put the code? I never know where to put the codes for things.

If you have a Blogger blog, you can add CSS codes by going to Template >>> Customize >>> Advanced >>> Add CSS. Paste your codes into the box and watch your blog be transformed! Make sure to save your changes. :)

2. How do you get the little icon or picture for blogger, as in if you look at the tab you can replace the blogger sign with an image?

I believe you are referring to what is called a favicon.

To change it you'll need a square photo less than 100KB in size (or else it won't upload).

Now, to add your new favicon, go to your blog's layout and at the top, in the left hand corner there should be a gadget that says "Favicon". Click Edit then upload your photo. After saving your changes, your favicon should appear on your site in a day or two (I don't understand why it takes so long, but it is what it is).

3. How did you design your header? I love the color changing letters!


I set up an HTML gadget...


<div id="header"><div class="s"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">S</a></div><div class="e"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">e</a></div><div class="l"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">l</a></div><div class="f"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">f</a></div> <div class="k"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">K</a></div><div class="n1"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">n</a></div><div class="o"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">o</a></div><div class="w"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">w</a></div><div class="n2"><a href="http://www.selfknownblog.com/">n</a></div></div>

Then, I added CSS...


#HTML1 { text-align: center;
border-bottom: solid 1px #ddd;
padding: 20px;
padding-left: 50px;
text-align: center !important; }

#HTML1 img { width: 80px;
height: 80px;
float: left;
padding: 10px; }

#header div {
display: inline-block;
font-size: 23px;
text-transform: uppercase;
font-family: 'Quicksand', sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
cursor: pointer;
opacity: .5; }

#header div:hover { opacity: 1 !important; }

#header a { display: block; }

#header div a { width: 30px; }
.f a { width: 30px;
padding-right: 5px }

.o a { color: #f46444;
width: 24px; }

/* O Hover Animation */

.o a:hover { -webkit-border-radius:1003px;
-moz-border-radius:1003px;
border-radius:1003px;
color: transparent !important;
}

@keyframes example2 {
     0%  { background: #f46444;}
    25%  { background: #fffa96;}
    50%  { background: #c9faaa;}
    75%  { background: #92ebbe;}
    100% { background: #e7d1e8;}
}

/* Chrome, Safari, Opera */
@-webkit-keyframes example2 {
     0%  { background: #f46444;}
    25%  { background: #fffa96;}
    50%  { background: #c9faaa;}
    75%  { background: #92ebbe;}
    100% { background: #e7d1e8;}
}

/* Standard syntax */
@keyframes example2 {
     0%  { background: #f46444;}
    25%  { background: #fffa96;}
    50%  { background: #c9faaa;}
    75%  { background: #92ebbe;}
    100% { background: #e7d1e8;}
}

.o a:hover:after { content: "O";
color: transparent;
     height: 17px;
     width: 17px;
     border-radius: 90px;
position: absolute;
right: 310px;
top: 27px;
-webkit-animation: example2 5s infinite; /* Chrome, Safari, Opera */
    animation: example2 5s infinite; }

Sections of code that are in bold red need to be adjusted to fit your needs. :)


4. I almost feel guilty in liking a guy. Like I'm un-normal or something. I know I'm not but I am really hard on myself for admitting I like a guy. I guess that I'm afraid that it's all fake ... and I'll love him and then he'll not even care. Any idea on how to allow myself to love?


First, I'd like you to remind yourself that there is nothing un-normal about liking a guy. In fact, it's healthy. But I understand your position. I'm really hard on myself too.

My advice to you would be this: No matter what you do, how many precautions you take, or how hard you are on yourself, there is no avoiding love. Love is what keeps us going. It propels us into taking action.

To live without love is to not live at all.

The guy you like today may end up not caring. He may break your heart. That's just how things go. (This isn't what you want to hear, I know, but it's true.) But who says you have to let that into your life right now? You don't have to be ready to love anyone at this very moment. You're allowed to take your time. Don't force yourself to grow up.

If you want to allow yourself to love, I suggest starting small. Really, really small. Do the dishes for your mom. Watch a movie with your siblings. Ask your dad about his day. Love doesn't have to be romantic. It's beautiful in its purest state and form. After taking baby steps, you can move into bigger things. Plan a surprise party for your BFF. Make eye contact with your crush. Craft something small and cute for your favorite school teacher. Show your appreciation.

Open yourself up to the world.

Whatever you do, do genuinely. Slowly. Take your time, gauge your personal growth.

I'll leave you with one last thing to mull over: if you're scared, do it anyway. Because what's worse - the pain of fear or the pain of regret?



Need answers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose