Skip to main content

3 Concepts New Bloggers Need To Turn Professional

Like I've mentioned numerous times before, when I first started out blogging, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I didn't know what blogging was or what the best methods were to getting done what I wanted to do. I didn't even know blogging could be done "professionally" (in a manner that money could be made).

Today's post addresses three basic concepts new bloggers need to go over and consider when they're just starting out.


1. Find Your Niche (Blog Topic)

Your niche is - most simply described - your thing. Very similar to the topic of your blog. When finding your blogging niche you need to ask yourself, "what do I like writing about? What am I passionate about? What is something I will never get tired of?" THAT is what the topic of your blog should be.

People are attracted to passion. They're attracted to other people who truly enjoy what they are doing. Keep that in mind as you start up your blog and begin typing your first post.

A topic you love + Passionate blogger = Migrations of readers toward your site

2. Design Is Important

Generally, if people aren't physically "attracted" to your site, then they won't stick around for very long. Your content can be AH-mazing, but if your text is too hard to read, or if your blog background is too distracting, the reader's eye will wander around and eventually give up. (There is a rare exception to this, but most often, people don't stick around when the design isn't visually satisfying.)

I have a design site for those of you interest in free Blogger templates.

Because you're just starting out, it would be best to wait a little while before investing in a paid site design. So I suggest playing around with your blog's visual aspect until you feel satisfied with it (because isn't that the most important thing?). Just keep in mind that less is more. :)

3. Ask Yourself Why

Why are you blogging? Because you enjoy writing? Because you want to express yourself? Because you feel like you have important things to say? All of these are wonderful reasons - they should be your reminders that keep you focused. But when you veer off and start to think about followers, stats, and shares, that's when you need to step back and ask yourself if you're doing it for the numbers, or for your original purpose.

This is something I've struggled with throughout my whole blogging experience, so be wary. It's okay to worry about sharing your content and making sure it's being seen (promotion isn't a bad thing), but there's a fine line between promoting and obsessing.

Have any blogger friends that are just starting out?

Make sure you share this post with them, to help ease them into the blogging process. And if you have any tips you'd like to add, comment below. You guys always have such valuable input. :)

Keep buzzin'. <3

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. Anonymous6.4.16

    Nice tips!
    Loving your new design btw! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose