Skip to main content

January 2017 | Goals + Emotional Progress

This is a transparent monthly reflection where I take the time to look back, view my progress and make adjustments.

Monthly Project: Hand write a letter to someone I love and send it.

Sadly, I did not do this. Time slipped away and I didn't make this one a priority. Better luck next month, Rosie!

Health → Exercise 3 days/week, drink 65oz. water/day


Exercise checked off in bullet journal habit keeper: Yes → I exercised 14/13 days.

Water checked off in bullet journal habit keeper: Yes → I drank 65 oz. of water 11/31 days.

Relationships → Reach out to one new person a week

How many people I reached out to or met: 5

Did I ask them a deep/personal question? Yes and no.

Did I record my encounters? Yes.

Finances → Grow to $7k/month

I earned $585 this month: No

If no, how much money did I make? $75

Career → Prep book for publication

I chose a book: Yes → The Messy Months: August to December

I began editing The Messy Months: Yes

I edited a full draft: No, but I DID do a full draft read through to mark loose threads, plot holes, character inconsistencies and so on.

Personal/Spiritual Development → Memorize 1 scripture/week, Earn my Bachelor's degree

How many scriptures did I memorize this month? 0

I reviewed and recited these memorized scriptures: No

I began college Algebra class: Yes


Play/Recreation → Write 500+ words/day

I wrote 15,500 words this month: No

If no, state how many words written this month: 7500 (48% of goal)

Average of (about) 242 words a day.


Service → Post on my blog (at least) once a month.

I posted this month on Self Known: Yes!

Link to post: www.selfknownblog.com/2017/01/how-we-rise


This month’s notes:

Lows


  • Teaching the youth. (cringe)
  • My closet. I have over 100 clothing items and I'm pretty sure I wear the same three shirts as often as I can...
  • My busy schedule has made it hard to keep my habits.
  • I relapsed several times. I continually had the mindset that my self-worth was equivalent to what another person thought of me. Whether it be (lack of) attraction to me or just someone else's bad day. I had some periods this month where my soul attached itself to the very things I spend time trying to avoid.
  • Every time I go on Bloglovin', I'm met with negative follower growth. :'(

Highs


  • I started an online college class!!!!!!!
  • Winter Jam was BOMB.
  • I look really good in mustard colored clothes.
  • Winter Retreat was cold but ah-mazing. <3
  • Cute guys are all over the place. Seriously. They're at the grocery store and they're waiting tables in restaurants and they're hiding in college bands. Say wuut.
  • My plants are growing.

How is your 2017 going so far, friend?

Comments

  1. I love your blog so much, I always find it a place for inspiration.

    but sweet girl-I think it's a healthy thing to have goals and to push yourself, but don't be TOO hard on yourself. You are such a beautiful, wonderful and inspiring person. Don't let these 'failures' get you down, you are only human. Give yourself a little grace.

    Thanks for sharing, -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much sweet girl <3 I really admire you for sharing your goals and triumphs and disappointments with us- and it really encourages me! And honestly, all in all, it looks to me like you had a wonderful and productive month! I mean for real- reaching out to *5* new people? Wow. You are my hero. xD And you are beyond brave to teach your youth group <3 Also, I'm right there with you about the relapses, my friend. One day I'll feel totally comfortable with myself, and then I'll spend three days cringing because of what I *think* others are thinking of me. But it's all in the growth progress- and it doesn't happen overnight. <3
    I may try bullet journaling- it sounds like a good way to keep up with habits, something I've been dragging my feet about for a little while now.
    Thank you for sharing this! Congratulate yourself for all of your hard work and accomplishments! You rock! <3 <3
    xo,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose