Skip to main content

The Shadow Dwellers | For those who feel shrouded in darkness



For each tale told there's a world that holds its truth. This one takes its place in Reality, a sight filtered through the limiting beliefs of the creatures who call themselves Humans.

Volume I, Folktale III.


Darkness. An evil we’ve feared since the Beginning. We thought with experimentation and mastery of flame could surrender victory to us. But there’s a darkness that goes beyond what enters the eyes.

That is where they live.

Shadow Dwellers.

They turn their face from the sun of outgoing personalities and probe the earth for a tortoise shell shield. They’ve mastered the arts of blending in, speaking without being heard and extending themselves as bridges for the lightweight.

Soft and fluid are they. So much so that when there is an opportunity, they will, indeed, adapt. To the point where they break rule number one.

Dweller rule #1: Never open your eyes when the sun comes out.


When a Dweller opens her eyes, she is blinded. So much so that is warps her thinking. Her face gets hot, her eyebrows wilt, and the most common first thought enter the brain.

Why am I shrouded in darkness?

She is paralyzed by the very thing she will now crave.

The light.

Out of her way she will go, to manipulate and bend the light her way. But no one can quite master the darkness. Those who try rarely win this fight.

She will inevitably burn.

- - -

Do you ever feel like this?

No matter how hard you try, you're invisible. No one sees you. No one hears you. You make them laugh but so easily you are forgotten. They move on. They change, running with the tide while you sink like a rock to the bottom of the river.

Or maybe you're seen and you don't like it. You wrap the cloak of dark around your shoulders and wish you could sink.

Maybe you don't know where you are because you can't open your eyes.

Here's something to ponder.

What if we lived in the light forever?

Think beyond lovely tan. Beyond skin cancer. Beyond singed sight. Go to the lower levels where you feel uncomfortable. Sit there for a while.

Think it over.

If we were all showered in light ALL the time, how would we be able to see each other shine?

Reminders:


  • You’re not a victim.
  • You’ll find your gang.
  • I know this hurts. But please, don't take the risk of changing yourself - you may get burned. Instead, keep trying. Keep running, walking, crawling, twitching. Dream that dream, pursue that passion and turn those lemons into lemonade!
  • You’re still you. That you that picked your friend up. The you that walked through the bone-chilling air to grab someone’s coat. The you that knows how to make her laugh, make him smile, make them change their perspective. You have worlds inside you. You have God’s hand on your life. You have Better Moments ahead of you.


Grab the rail. Enjoy the view. Know when the let go.


- - -

If you found this post encouraging, please share it. Thank you for being a light in this world. <3

Comments

  1. the truth on this blog!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favorites post, Rose. Thank you <3
    xo,
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose