Skip to main content

Vampire Knight, Anne with an E and Obsessed with Writing (May 2017)

This is a transparent monthly reflection where I take the time to look back, view my progress and make adjustments.


Monthly Project: Finish online classes.

GUYS. I am so flipping thankful I'M DONE. *throws confetti and wiggles for dayz* Taking classes online has been super rewarding, but I am so ready to move on and focus on something else. Something bigger. I'm thinking MORE writing, MORE reading and MORE creating!

Health → Exercise 3 days/week, drink 65oz. water/day

Exercise: 7/14 (50%)

Notes: Aha, aha, aha................. whoops. I don't know what happened here. For some reason, I just couldn't get myself to exercise. I always had this excuse that there's something "better" or more pressing that needed to be done. But now that summer is HERE, I'd really like to up the intensity and focus on improving my body and upping my energy level.

Water: 30/31 (97%)

Notes: This is the first month this year that I've been drinking enough water and I feel so goooood! This is amazing. This is wonderful. I think getting sick really helped too - there was nothing I could do but lay around and drinking water. ;)

Finances → Grow

May Income: Unknown

Notes: It's coming along rather nicely, don't you think?

Career → Prep book for publication

Notes: I edited BUT it wasn't the book I was originally planning on editing, so... yeah... This seems to be a theme. I keep letting this editing thing slip me up. In June I am going to find a better way of approaching this. :)


Personal/Spiritual Development → Work toward earning my Bachelor's degree

Complete and pass Microeconomics: I CONQUERED THAT EXAM, BABY!

Notes: So. Darn. Happy. Like. I. Can't. The bonus is that I'm DONE for the summer!!


Play/Recreation → Write 600+ words/day

How many days this month I wrote: 19/31 (61%)

Notes: I hit a REALLY good flow from the 15th to the 22nd - I think it helped that I was sick all that week and didn't want to do anything else. ^.^ One of the days I wrote over 3k words. 3K WORDS MY FRIENDS. And then I hit a burn out. BUT THAT'S OKAY.


Service → Post on my blog (at least) once a month.

I posted this month on Self Known: Yepper doodles!

Links:



Notes: Thank you thank you thank you thank you for reading and commenting and being so flipping amazing. <3


May Favorites

  • See
    • Tati
    • Vampire Knight (on Netflix) - Very. Weird. Anime. So obviously I'm obsessed.
    • Anne with an E - *binge watches entire series* On to le books!
  • Touch
    • MY NEW FUR RUG. It's a gorgeous pinky coral color and it fits so nicely in my room. :)
  • Hear
    • Rain hitting the pavement
  • Taste
    • Oats and chocolate
    • Beans on a hamburger
    • Spicy chicken <3_<3
  • Smell
    • Vanilla
  • Wear
    • Cactus choker
    • Comfy tees
  • READ
    • The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
    • Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
    • The Chatterbox by Steven Furtick (In progress)

How was your month, friend?

Comments

  1. YES girl, we need to talk about Anne With an E because I need someone who's finished the first season to fangirl with. xD

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your monthly wrap-ups. <3 Sounds like you had a productive month!! YAYAY congrats on finishing online classes!
    xx,
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really productive month! So exciting that you're finished with online classes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose