Skip to main content

There's something I want to share with you...

I've never been one to share a personal project that wasn't -- in my eyes -- perfect.

I get sucked into that mindset where if it ain't perfect it ain't gonna "impress" -- or something silly like that.

Perfection means it's ready to be seen. Perfection means there is nowhere else to go and I can move on. Perfection gives me permission to write off harsh opinions with, "I did my best."

Perfection also doesn't exist.


Take a moment and ponder: What if no one shared anything personal unless they thought it was perfect? (AHA YIKES)

I'd like to introduce to you an imperfect child I've been nursing for a couple months now: Adulting & Afraid.

Adulting & Afraid has been an idea in the back of my head for a while now. I created the blog months and months ago, but never truly focused on it until mid-July. I cracked down, started brainstorming and, well, here I am.

A&A is a step up from what I do on Self Known. In this space, I am creative and experimental. I write about what moves me and I share my novel snippets so that I grow as an author. On Adulting & Afraid I share an entirely different part of myself, something I'm also passionate about: organization and physical creation.

Take these topics and bundle them up with the idea of a tight knit, supporting community and that is the vision I have for A&A.

So why am I sharing this with you?

Because it's time to be a little vulnerable. It's scary sharing something that is still in the works. But if I don't share it now, I know I never will. I mean, will I ever feel like it's 100% done? Will I ever feel like it has hit Perfect on the non-existent Blogging Scale?

No.

And, quite frankly, I'm at that point where I need some accountability. Sometimes when I start something new, I fizzle out because I haven't reached out for support. That's why I'm asking you to take a peek at it. It's not perfect, nor even complete. But that's the beauty of it.

We'll get to grow together.

Take action: Read the Adulting & Afraid Welcome post and let me know what you think.


Thank you for taking time out of your day to look at something I'm working really hard on to get onto its feet. You don't know how thankful I am for your support. YOU are the reason why I keep blogging, keep pushing, and keep striving. GAH, I wish I could hug you! <3

Comments

  1. SO EXCITED FOR YOU, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP I'M EXCITED THAT YOU'RE EXCITED! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME. <3

      Delete
  2. This is so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, V! I appreciate your support. :)

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful, I don't see why you were nervous to share it. The title sums up my life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Skye. You have no idea how much of my nervousness melted away after reading that. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I love the new blog! I'm so excited for all of the adventures that will be embarked on at Adulting & Afraid.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    P.S. I'm doing the blogger yearbook again, and it's finally up! If you want to join, you can find all of the details here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abigail! Me too -- and thank you for joining along on this journey with me.

      P.s. EEP! I'll join ASAP. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose