Skip to main content

The Tree Folk (pt. 4)




Wassup?

I can't believe it's been two weeks since the last update of The Tree Folk? I took a pause in updates to gather my strength and focus on some other things, but now I'm back and alive as ever!

Thank you so much for the encouraging comments you leave. You have no idea how much good a few kind words can do for a soul. Especially one that is hypersensitive when it comes to sharing her writing... I wish I could express how thankful I am for you. But words just don't cut it.

When we last saw Sienna she was meeting Prince Gorrell (hehe) and had taunted Lief. Anyone have any ideas as to where this will lead? Feel free to comment your theory below...

Without further ado, The Tree Folk, part 4.

Did you miss parts one through three? No biggie! Visit this page to catch up.


- - -

By that point, Sienna was completely lost. Of course, the talking tree wasn’t her biggest problem. Now there were pasty princes and this green boy who was comedically named Lief.

Sienna briefly wondered how it was spelled. In the traditional l-e-a-f sense, or something different?

Whatever the case, Lief was angry. He was traveling much too fast and light, and there definitely wasn’t enough slack on Sienna’s bindings to give her much mobility. They couldn’t have been a couple hundred yards away when she spoke up.

“Stop, you’re going too fast--” She slipped, heading right for the edge of a cliff. She would have screamed had Lief not caught her by the bindings around her hips and throat--cutting off airflow. He hauled her back up onto the solid dirt, sitting her down by a tree. He slipped a knife from his belt and Sienna broke.

“Whoa! You are not coming near me with that thing!”

Lief paused, looking from Sienna’s half-mummified body to his dagger. “Oh?”

“OH?! Oh yeah! You got me tangled up in this without using a dagger, can’t you just… undo it the same way?” Sienna realized she was acknowledging that Lief had indeed encased her in vines without physically moving--something she did not want to think about.

Lief used his fingers to twirl the dagger and slide it back into its place on his belt. “We’re not supposed to do that unless it’s an emergency.”

“Why not? You did it in there.”

Lief shrugged and settled into a crouch before her. In the shade he looked less sickly and more… human. Except when he turned his head. Sienna could see the tips of his ears and she did not want to add the fact that they were pointed to her list of things that made this all the more weird.

“Was your ego in cardiac arrest?” she suggested. The snarkiness of the comment made her relax a little.

“My ego has no heart.”

Sienna couldn’t have said it better herself.

“We Folk are passionate about defending our valor. I’m sure the Prince and the Elder will overlook my actions.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. They did stick you with me.” Something, Sienna had noticed, that bothered him greatly.

Lief said nothing more and Sienna expected silence. But the forest around them was alive. Birds called out to one another in the distance, prominent over anything else.

“What’s going on?” she said when she couldn’t take the warbling anymore. “Why am I here?”

Lief looked up from his hands. He had made himself busy by using the curl of his knife to scrape the skin off the end of a stick. “Define here.”

“Here as in kidnapped by you stupid green people!” Sienna snapped. This earned her a toothless smile.

“Oh, that one’s easy.” Lief shifted, and in one slash, cut the bindings off Sienna without touching her skin. “You’re here to answer our questions.”

Comment "pickle buckets" if you made it this far.

Comments

  1. Pickle Buckets! I really do love this, I love how Sienna is trying to process everything, very realistic. She knows about as much as we do. I also really like Lief, he is cocky but in a good way. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose