Skip to main content

2018: The Year of Heart

I have a condition.

It's been going on for quite a while now. Months, maybe even years.

Every time I sit down to write a blog post, a weight settles in around me. My head gets fuzzy. My fingers slam on the keys and I produce pure inconsistent words that stay mushy, even after rounds of editing. Everything seems like it's set on fast forward when I write, and so all these good post ideas I have never get published because they lack the quality I wish to produce.

There are the rare moments when the muse strikes and the floodgates open. My heart pours out and a piece of myself is written in a way that leaves me with a feeling much too close to pride.

But a majority of the time I struggle.

I really want to break this cycle.

So from now on, instead of MOVING REALLY FAST AND PRODUCING ALL OF THESE  W O R D S . . .

I want to slow down. And. Breathe a little. Take the time to form thoughts. Develop thoughts. Polish thoughts.

We live in a fast-paced world, my friend. It seems like the pressure is on 25/8 and busy is something to be proud of and a number is more important than quality.

So let me remind you that going back to the basics is centering. Return to the breath of whatever it is you're doing that has become so routine that you forget you actually enjoy the process of it.

Because you may find that the love for it is not lost, nor has it been stolen. It's just been buried under the weight of expectation and lack of focus.

Welcome to the new Self Known.

Comments

  1. I have the same kinds of feelings every time I try and write my novel - struggling to get words on the page, constantly editing, having too many expectations and pressures put on writing those words. I really relate to this! Love the blog and hope 2018 is a great year for creating and writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way, too, that life goes so freakishly busy and I can’t seem to find the right words to say... let’s do better this year, Rosie.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that. I am really excited to see were you take your blog this year. I have a hard time with slowing down too. Wishing you the best this year!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem, I am never happy with my posts. Hope we can break the cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to see your blog this year. Good luck in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH I LOVE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. so excited for you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose