Skip to main content

January 2018

If you are reading this, that means that the first month of 2018 is over.

Already the time escapes me! But I am not phased - I'm actually really happy. January was a month of experimenting, working, and the start of school. I have been all over the place, in a good way. I'm starting to love this whole figuring out what to do with my time thing. It's a scary and exciting journey, all in one.

Let's jump in, shall we?


This month's goals:

  • Reach 100 followers on the Miraculous Ladybug Amino app [COMPLETE]
  • Create an email opt-in [NOPE]
  • Outline The Visionaries Book 3 [COMPLETE - aha, sorta]
  • Determine the plot of The Visionaries Book 1 [SOMEWHAT - as in not really]
  • Start Spring Semester [COMPLETE]

4/5 isn't bad, huh? Especially since school has been the focus for more than half the month. :)

Daily habits:

  • Exercise - I've gotten into the routine lately of taking at least 5 minutes to do something, whether that be focusing on my arms with a few push-ups or squatting. This has been very enjoyable for me and I hope to start getting up earlier so I can fit more exercise into my routine.
  • Water (96oz) - I. Love. Water! And surprisingly I've gotten used to drink at least three bottles of it a day. I notice a difference in my skin when I drink enough water (especially on my forehead) so if you're struggling with acne, I'd recommend keep a water bottle near you throughout the day! (Side note: You will have to pee a LOT more. Just sayin'.)
  • Quiet time - Out of the blue I started doing this in the mornings, just before January first. I take the time to journal, pray, and read a few pages of a book. Every time I do this, I feel so centered. Even if life gets sucky, doing this centers me and grounds me. I feel like God's got my back, even if I don't feel 100%.
  • Write (500+ words) - I was not the most successful at this, but I did try my best to set aside time to write. This goal has written many future blog posts (STAY TUNED) and even inspired new ideas for my novels! How fun!
  • Edit (30 min.) - Last year this would always be the item that I decided could wait. This month I decided I wouldn't put it off anymore. I am going to edit my book. Once a day. Even if I don't have thirty minutes to set aside. There will be a book by the end of 2018. Just you wait and see.

Extras:

  • I saw three movies in theaters this month!
    • Jumanji
    • The Greatest Showman
    • Star Wars: The Last Jedi
  • I discovered make-up wipes and they've changed my skin. My acne has gone down significantly, even with the added stress of school. I still have hormonal breakouts, but even those haven't been so bad.
  • I realized I consume a lot of media just to waste time. From now on, I want to fill my time with more productivity and less noise.
  • I published a piano cover this month and I would really appreciate it if you checked it out. There's no singing, just my fingers poking away at the keys. ;) ALSO, if you have any songs YOU want to hear, I'd love to know! I'm hoping to put out a piano cover every month, just for fun. :)
  • If you're into anime, I'd like to suggest The Devil is a Part-Timer. It's hilarious and I may have a crush on Satan. <-- Not the weirdest thing I've ever said, surprisingly.

And that's about it. I hope January was just was awesome for you as it was for me. Make sure to tell me about -- highs AND lows -- in the comment section below.

How was your January? :)

Comments

  1. Those are all great things! I just discovered makeup wipes too, they are so nice.

    What did you think of The Last Jedi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what a productive month you had! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose