Skip to main content

So this is where I'm at.

Hi friend. How are you? I hope this post meets you well. Today I wanted to write about this little space. My corner of the Internet.

After many attempts to give it a major face lift / rebrand / vibe / mission I figured out that the girl I was in 2012 when I originally started this blog is no longer who I am.

So let's start fresh.


Hi, I'm Rosie. I am a college student and a creator of many crafts. I enjoy writing Young Adult fiction, playing piano, singing at the top of my lungs, and, above all, making other people laugh. Right now I am pursuing a degree in art therapy, which means my future job will be helping people express themselves in a safe environment with someone who loves them. I have tried to be many things on the Internet, from an American Girl doll hoarder to a make-up artist, but nothing has really clicked with me.

Not until now.


I have always been a Christian. My entire life I have identified as being a follower of Jesus Christ. But the thing about growing up in the church and then leaving before puberty could hit is that I never really got it. Frankly, I can be dense sometimes and so easily numbed by routine. I learned the classic "Sunday school answers" and never dug any deeper unless other people persuaded me. Yet each time I would fall away, not completely able to commit my heart, mind, and soul to the Lord.

This is funny now, because I have spent so much of my life hurting. I've talked about my insecurities and social anxiety before, but I've never really expressed the true extent to which my pain affected me. Throw my desire to have a large blog/social media following into the mix, and it's no wonder that I lost my way.

For five years, I have preached about "being yourself" when I was never truly doing that myself.

That's where I went wrong and why God never allowed this blog to grow.

But the beautiful thing is that He is full of grace, mercy, and love. Over these past few months, I have forgiven myself of things that have haunted me for years. I have conquered a number of fears. For the first time in my life, I am no longer longing to "look spiritual" or "feel popular" or make money blogging. I am basking in His love. Because it has changed me drastically.

It's like there has been an awakening in my soul, and my experience with the Lord has given me the right prescription to actually see the world in full color. There are still some blurred edges, but it's not muted anymore. It's vibrant and oh so beautiful!!

All this is to say, I'm stepping back into the blogging world.

And I'm ready to rock your socks off! I have so much planned that I can't wait to share it with you. If you've stuck with me this long (through this post and the years), thank you. Thank you so, so much. It is thanks to your support that I have come to the point where I can say, yes. I do know who I am. I do have a purpose. My Self finally Knows.

All the popular blogs that give out advice on blogging say that "your blog should help your readers". That each post should solve a problem. Well, while I was struggling to help you, you actually helped me.

I can't thank you enough for this.

So it has come to the end of an era.

When I first launched this blog, it was A Dancer's Pointe, created by a ballet dancer with stories to share. Through the years, I became lost and wanted to know who I was. Self Known was my journey blog. It is my capsule of what I have endured to become who I am today. So it is with great pleasure and a tad bit of sorrow to announce Self Known is officially coming to an end so that I may take the next step on my journey.

I am calling it:

Two Point Perspective

A blog about creative souls improving their mental health through personal expression.

My creative interests have brought me to the place I am today. If it were not for my writing, doodling, journaling, piano playing, and community of friends, there would be no way for me to express the rollercoaster of emotions I have felt over the years. I've been through a lot of personal struggles, from battling social anxiety to enduring intense hormone-induced mood swings. Through these rough patches, I have always had something outside myself to turn to and vent it all out.

I believe anyone fighting anything can fight their battle with the help of their art. *

* "Art" here is defined as "anything one creates".

I had the hardest time coming up with a name for this new blog because I didn't want to limit who it could touch. I believe all creators from all crafts are artists, whether or not there are paints involved. Writers, videographers, graphic designers, photographers -- the list goes on! We are ALL makers of art and we are ALL struggling with something.

Something that art helps us release.

Two Point Perspective is the place where young women can come and learn about how they can improve themselves, how they can hone their craft, and how they can use their project to help them battle it all out.

It's been a wonderful six years here in the Self Known space, but it's time for me to move on and create something new of my own. :) I would love for you to join me.

Out with the old, in with the new: Enter Two Point Perspective


xx Rosie

Comments

  1. I'm so sad to see Self Known come to a close-- I've known you ever since A Dancer's Pointe, and it's a weird change in the blogging era, but the future does bring hope and change. ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | Ups & Downs (but now at Story-Eyed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your back, and that God helped you find your purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you were able to arrive at this place in life, and I wish you all the luck with this new journey. Art is such a powerful outlet. I don’t know what we would do without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the blogging world! I'm excited to see your new posts. :)

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful that you were able to go on this journey and find yourself through writing, creativity, blogging and taking time away. I'll definitely be following your new blog and am excited to see your new posts! :) Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's turn that awound...
    I. Love. You.
    Why dost I loveth thee so?
    Im a NDE.
    Death isnt 2B feared
    as long as you have faith
    - - - - - - - - - - >
    G+
    Discover
    Kold_kadavr_ flatliner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose