Skip to main content

How to Turn a Bad Day Powerfully Positive

We all have those days that makes us feel so...bleh. Maybe it started when you stubbed your toe and then found out that your sister ate the last of your favorite cereal, then it progressed from there. Maybe you woke up feeling discontent and bitter. Maybe you're just not up to dealing with the world.

Whatever the case, it's always good to know a few tricks that will pull you out of your mood and help you make the most of your day.

These are the methods that work best for me. :)

PICTURE

1. Crank Up The Tunes

Whenever I'm feeling down or my day has taken a turn for the worst, I love slinking away to my room, pulling up iTunes and dancing around until my parents shout up the stairs that it sounds like an elephant is thundering on the top floor of the house. Dance to music like T-Swizzle's Shake It Off and MKTO's Classic helps me not only feel better but burn off all the pent up frustration that has massaged tension into my muscles.

How?

Create a playlist of your favorite songs. Be sure to choose songs that make you want to tap your toes and wiggle are hips!

2. Surf YouTube

There are so many YouTubers out there that make me smile. Miranda Sings, Tyler Oakley, Mikey Murphy, Connor Franta, iiSuperWomanii and more, all seem to crack me up and break me out of the grumps. They lift my spirits and remind me that eventually, it's going to be okay.

How?

First, know what you want. If you want clean humor, search for "Tim Hawkins". If you're obsessed with makeup tutorials or transformations (like moi) try Kat Sketch. If you want to feel like you're part of a community, grav3yardgirl is the way to go.

3. Go Hug Searching

Getting a hug from a close friend, family member, stuffed animal, pet and so on can be very uplifting. It's been proven hugs are a powerful form of healing. This is due to many reasons.


  • Hugs build trust and give a sense of safety.
  • They instantly boost Oxycontin levels (the feel good hormones), healing feelings of isolation, anger and loneliness.
  • Hugs can also lift serotonin levels and create happiness.


And the list of benefits goes on and on and on.

How?

Call for your family pet. Grab one of your siblings. Tentatively ask one of your parents. Crash into your best friend. Or wrap your arms around your and sway from side to side.

4. Write About It

This has always helped me.  Even though it sometimes ends up with me just slamming my fists down on my keyboard until there are enough random letters in a Google Doc to pleasingly express my rage (or sadness or loneliness or whatever I may be feeling).

It's great if you keep a journal and write about how you feel everyday. I use my journal to talk to God. Because when I'm actually writing a prayer to Him, instead of thinking it, it helps me stay on track, make nothing's left out and clearly express what I say in the way I want to say it.

How?

Grab a notebook or some printer paper and a pencil. Now write. Scribble. Doodle. Write random words that you can't spell or don't even know the meaning of. Make up new words to express yourself. Be wild, be free. Be bold, be new. Write write write and leave your concerns to the wind.

5. Take A Deep Breath

In... Out... In... Out.

Close your eyes for a moment and ever so gently, fill your lungs with air. While breathing in through your nose, imagine that the air is pouring into you, filling up the very back of your lungs that your normal breathing doesn't usually reach. Hold this lungful of air for three seconds, then release. Doing this a couple times should make you feel more focused, relaxed and quite a bit calmer.

How?

Stop.

Close your eyes.

Inhale...

Exhale...

You are free.

What helps turn your bad day around?

CTA:

xx Nicole Rose

Comments

  1. Oh yes... Music=awesome on a bad day. I usually watch Rhett & Link or Matthias on youtube... cuz they always make me laugh. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these wonderful posts. Though I always fail to comment, I read everyone of your posts, Rose, and they're always amazing. God has given you a amazing gift for writing. Thank you for sharing it!
    In Christ,
    Sarah
    foreverchanged13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music and youtubers make everything better. Amazingphil always has a way of cheering me up. ^-^
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AmazingPhil always cheers me up on a bad day. :) Great post!

      Delete
  4. Love these ideas! Thank you for writing these posts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas! Thank you for writing these posts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having such a cranky day... I got a C on a math test that should have been super easy and the reason why it's that grade because I was too cocky and just, urgh. Math's easier than Biology, for me, and I did listen to some music and let the situation clear up a bit. It turns out that it's nor going to be bad; my grade will only drop to about an 89%, but again, getting good grades in that class is really easy.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing always brightens me up. Yoga is also a huge stress relief for me. Feels great after a long day of school.

    Thanks for this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! :D I often ull out my pocket notebook and scribble down the event. Writing helps :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments I receive are cherished for many hours after reading them. Thank you for taking the time to type something to me.

xx Nicole Rose

Popular posts from this blog

Room Tour 2019

I've always wanted to do one of these posts. If not for the enjoyment of others, for the enjoyment of my future self to look back on and realize how much my style and space have changed. My door. I think I'm sooo artsy for taping paint swatches to my door. And I actually love how it looks too. I was going for "Starry Night" with my own little twist -- and without the actual paint. ;) This is what my room looks like from the doorway. Can you guess what the theme is? It's funny -- a few weeks ago I was discussing with Kenzie how my room has this coral and aquamarine vibe to it, yet my Instagram theme is focused on yellows and blues, and my actual fashion style is very grungy/hispter/artsy. So it all comes full circle, I guess? Still, I love my room. It's my safe haven. Now come on in so I can give you the full tour... Right as you walk in, you will see my DIY jewelry hanging on the wall to your right. It's quite a balancing act when I

How and Why: Linkup Parties

Starting out as a blogger can be really hard. You want to grow your blog, but even though it seems like you've tried everything, nothing works. Your blog hasn't expanded in the least. You don't see any improvement. That's why in this post I'm going to share with you the miracle of link up parties! I'm going to go over how they work, why you should create your own, which hosts you should use and much, much more. Let's get started, shall we? :) Share this post to help other bloggers learn about linkup parties. How they work The typical link party can be broken down into 3  basic*  parts. * Every link up is different, so as you're reading through this and considering to create your own, consider adding a unique twist to your link up party. After all, people tend to get tired of seeing the same old same old. The sponsors These are the people who came up with the original idea of that particular link party. It can be anyone from you on your

Expression // 005

Friends Make up new words together. Hug attack each other so hard that it hurts. Throw glitter at your face. Tell you stories off the top of their head. Comfort you when no one else can. Beat up whoever makes you cry. Make you laugh till your insides hurt. Obsess over celebrities and books with you. Help you get through the rough days. They complete each other. xx Nicole Rose